DAVID HAYE: "My next target is AJ". Will he get this fight????

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Joshua Rubinstein, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    If you haven't seen that Holyfield vs Valuev fight, it's worth watching again. Holyfield dominated him from start to finish. Where Haye danced round him for the entirety of the fight (and who can blame him they were the best tactics) Holyfield landed an awful lot. In fact, he beat him up at times.

yesihavearm2 likes this.
  2. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Valuev as WBA champion was top 5 or 6 at the time. Purely based off winning the belt and defending it once before facing Haye.

lawslaw and yesihavearm2 like this.
  3. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    The Ring had Valuev as #8 at the time because of the belt win, they couldn't place him any higher because A. He was awful and B. He robbed Holyfield of winning the belt in a fight he clearly lost

4. tomclarky

tomclarky New Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2017
    Out pointing a man 7 stone heavier and with a 7 inch reach difference away from home is a pretty good achievement, regardless of Valuev's lack of skill. He'd only lost once before Haye to be fair.

lawslaw likes this.
  5. Gneus7

Gneus7 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 29, 2007
    There's money in it so as long as neither guy loses soon, I don't see why it wouldn't happen.

6. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Valuev had almost no skill, no movement, no speed. He was a terrible fighter. He lost against Holyfield. Wonder how many other fights he was gifted the decision.

yesihavearm2 likes this.
  7. lawslaw

lawslaw Active Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    I feel sorry for Haye, if he puts boxers to sleep in 180 seconds it gets called a mismatch....

Yet if he doesn't put them to sleep in 180 seconds he will get called a has been and failure......

He really can't win.

8. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I sort of understand what you are saying but it all depends who is putting to sleep in 180 seconds and who he don't.

9. lawslaw

Sep 10, 2016
    You say Haye never was a top heavy yet according to The Ring, a source you seem quite happy to base your arguments on, yet every single full year he has campaigned at heavy apart from one he has been in their top 10. Seems to me you are clouded by your dislike of Haye, since you don't seem to be able to argue facts objectively.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  10. yesihavearm2

May 30, 2008
    Completely and utterly wrong once again. Also you have sidestepped my response to your original post saying that Haye didn't beat any top heavies.

Seems to me you have the blinkers on when it comes to Haye.

11. lawslaw

Sep 10, 2016
    Please tell me how I am wrong, when everything in my post is factually correct?

12. yesihavearm2

May 30, 2008
    "Seems to me you are clouded by your dislike of Haye, since you don't seem to be able to argue facts objectively."

Wrong.

Also this is the second time now you have sidestepped my response to your original post.

13. lawslaw

Sep 10, 2016
    I haven't side stepped your response at all. Just you are a total hypocrite.

Let me explain:

You quote Ring rankings to state who you believe were the top heavyweights between 2009-2012 (although I said 7 or 8 years ago in my post before which would make it 2009-2010, but I chose to ignore your obvious weighting of your argument).

You use Ring rankings, presumably, because you respect their opinion on who were the top 10's at the time.

You state David Haye was never a top boxer at heavyweight. Yet former world champion Haye has been in the Ring top 10 for heavyweight every full year he as been active, except one.

Therefore, you are an obvious hypocrite, too blinded for your hate of Haye to have a rational argument.

Case closed.

tomclarky likes this.
  14. tomclarky

tomclarky New Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2017
    If Haye KO's AJ and Fury within the next 12 months, will you happily declare him the #1 heavyweight in the world?

15. yesihavearm2

May 30, 2008
    You said:

"So Haye didn't beat ANY of the top heavyweights 7 or 8 years ago?"

So I posted a list using the ring ratings as a resource to show that in fact he DID NOT beat any top heavyweights as you claimed.

Not a difficult concept to understand yet you keep dodging a response obviously because the facts don't lie, David Haye did not beat a top HW during his title reign.

Further to the point, nothing Haye done in his HW career ever suggested he would beat a top HW even when he was in his prime, so expecting him to do it now after 5 years out is deluded at the very least.