David Haye v Tony Bellew @ CW

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TERRYTIBBS, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Optimus Dime

Optimus Dime Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Sep 10, 2015
    Not saying Bellew can't be a force at heavyweight either.. but that's uncertain until we actually see it..

2. Optimus Dime

Optimus Dime Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Sep 10, 2015
    HW is limitless.. Bellew might weigh 210 at HW but Haye wouldn't..

3. Kapparino

Kapparino EDDIE HEARN PROTECTION UNIT Full Member

Jul 12, 2015
    haha!

Edit. oops bumped this thinking it had never been bumped before.

4. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Quite a funny read though given he now says in every interview he’d beat any version of David Haye and always knew they’d fight one day after sparring in his amateur days...

5. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    It all depends on context. This was 5 years ago, and that was his belief back then. Just shows what 9 consecutive victories and winning the WBC cruiserweight title can do for your self belief.

It’s the old saying, ‘we don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are’.

What this lad has achieved is fantastic.

moog and Scissors like this.
  6. ryanm8655

Oct 23, 2008
    Yes - he’s done great. But to say he always knew they’d fight and would beat any version is clearly a lie.

This would have been after the sparring session Bellew now brings up.

7. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    What do you want him to say? He would beat me? Come on be serious. And as twenty pointed out this was before he became champion. I’m a red and can’t stand half the shite that comes out of Bellew’s mouth but what a win that was and at Goodison too. It was a movie script. There’s not many better world title wins and it’s lifted him to further heights.

Twentyman likes this.
  8. ryanm8655

Oct 23, 2008
    He says Wilder and Joshua would beat him...

I just find it hypocritical and more evidence of him being a phoney...

Not downplaying his achievements, he’s done great, achieved more than anyone thought possible, including himself. Realistically though is his resume better than Enzo Mac?

9. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    With respect, why are you comparing him to Enzo Maccarinelli? He had a great career that he can look back on with pride.

10. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I think his resume is better than David Haye’s! Hayes best wins are Valuev and Chisora. Bellew’s best win is Haye!

11. ryanm8655

Oct 23, 2008
    Because a prime Haye destroyed Enzo who achieved more than Bellew has...my point is his achievements don’t justify a complete revision in thinking...

That said I’m probably expecting too much. Of course Bellew isn’t honest and doesn’t genuinely think he isn’t a wind up merchant...

12. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    I think fighters have to lie to themselves mate. We hear it at nearly every press conference, interview etc. The minute they stop doing it is the minute other fighters/people start smelling blood, and start to wonder if they’ve got it anymore.

Cally, Scissors and ryanm8655 like this.