David Haye vs. Anthony Joshua.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by VG_Addict, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Decker

Decker Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2007
    This except for the like part :sisi1
    If Haye's toe is in good shape I can see him win some rounds. But AJ will win by UD or late stoppage.
    Vs. Wlad Haye was going down like a cheap ***** after talking his usual "big game". He was fortunate to catch Chisora before he tired.

2. MorvidusStyle

MorvidusStyle Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2017
    If Ruiz could turn and win the Joshua fight with a single counter punch, Haye could DEFINITELY do that and finish AJ quicker. How people think he'd have no chance is ridiculous.

Haye was a fast and explosive counterpuncher with big power. Okay, so AJ might land his combo and take Haye out, so what, that's always the case. But Haye had far faster hands and defences. And he wouldn't have to land too many bombs to take AJ out.

gdm likes this.
  3. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Ruiz got off the canvas and took a flush right hand directly to the chin before he countered Aj.

Would Haye pull that off ? Eh

Thread Stealer and Toney F*** U like this.
  4. gdm

gdm Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Haye from 2010 knocks out AJ ,even if AJ is allowed to be on Test , Trenbolone, HGH and Mibolerone like he was against 79yo wlad.

5. gdm

gdm Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2011
    yes he would and without getting Knocked down.

6. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    I'd give Haye a chance against pre-Wlad version, but post-Wlad no chance.

Haye simply wasn't big enough, game enough, or skilled enough to beat Joshua. He'd look good for a few rounds, slipping and dancing about, but once Joshua gets his timing down and starts turning up the pressure Haye gets caught with a big shot and can't recover.

It's possible Haye catches Josh with a big counter shot early on and buckles his legs slightly, but that's about the most success I can see him having over the course of the fight. Ruiz comparisons are worthless.

DoubleJab666 likes this.
  7. Dannymita

Dannymita Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2019
    I'd take the haye of the chisora fight over Joshua

Can see it being quite an entertaining fight tbh...wouldnt rule AJ out completely but haye while he's never gonna go down as an atg heavyweight was fast and hit ridiculously hard...they aren't exactly traits you want to be facing even in a heavy smaller than you...I think Joshua would do better than wilder would've

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  8. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Haye was always a bit of a hype job on this forum. He has a punchers chance, but Joshua is a bit like Wlad. He'd just pot shot him from the outside and rack up the points. I doubt the bodybuilder would fight aggressive in this one.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    Toney F*** U likes this.
  9. Malph

Malph Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 31, 2007
    I'll pick AJ in this one. AJs a good boxer with some power, skills and size. Maybe not the best in any one category but good in all of them. He should take this.

But ofcourse Haye has a punchers chance. I'd bet against him but he was certainly powerful enough to do real damage if he lands his shot.

Toney F*** U likes this.
  10. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    AJ would break him apart with combinations. Hayes chin or body wouldn't hold up against AJ.

Haye was often off balance when he lunged in with an overhand swing. This flaw leave him exposed for AJs pull counters and uppercuts. Haye was best against guys who walked into him. He was very flawed going forward.

Toney F*** U likes this.
  11. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Prime Haye would have knocked Joshuas head off. But Prime Haye was maybe there in 2 or 3 fights.

12. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    Was gonna say the same. Haye could have countered pre-Vlad AJ, but post-Vlad he'd not be allowed to get close enough. There would be a hell of a lot of dull rounds in the Haye vs post-Wlad, with Haye feinting to draw the lead and AJ pensively moving around as is his want since Ruiz. Pre-Wlad AJ vs Haye would have been a shoot out, though, but I'm not sure we'll ever see that version of AJ again unless it dawns on him that's the only way to win against Fury....

It's Ovah likes this.
  13. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    I saw nothing in Haye's performances at HW to suggest he would be capable of beating AJ.

I could see him dancing and running for 12 rounds like he did vs Wlad, losing a lopsided decision. But I couldnt see him actually being competitive.

Much of Haye's HW career was spent injured and pulling out of fights, by the time he moved up his body was breaking down on him. He struggled to get through a camp.

Toney F*** U likes this.
  14. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    What was Haye's best win at HW?

He didnt beat anyone anywhere near the level of AJ.

His toughest test was Wlad and he did nothing that night and went down without a fight.

chico g likes this.
  15. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Who cares about resumes? Styles make fights.

AJ resume > Ruiz resume.

Still Ruiz knocked the **** out of AJ in the first fight and KTFO him.

Haye was always all about speed, footwork, angles and counter punching.

We all saw how much AJ struggled with speed, angles and counters agaisnt Ruiz in the first fight.

Prime Haye is a nightmare matchup for AJ.

Do i say AJ has no chance? Hell, no...he could KTFO Haye at any time in a possible fight.

I just think prime Haye would knock AJ out. It's no lock. But that's my take of the fantasy matchup between AJ and Haye.

People forgot about the fact that David Haye is still the only guy next to Whyte who legitimately KTFO Chisora with a beautiful left hook. Now people gonna say...waaaah that wasn't prime Chisora. Well, it was a much younger version of Chisora. So, who should get more credit for knocking out Chisora? A guy who knocked out a younger version for the first time of his career or a guy who knocked out a guy in his mid 30s after he already had tons of wars and brutal fights. I'd say the Haye KO is much bigger than the Whyte KO.

DoubleJab666 likes this.