David Haye vs Frank Bruno

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by joe33, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Bruno would probably knock him out quite early. Bruno was aggressive early on, and monstrous strong and powerful, and did the basics well enough.

Bruno wasn't particularly good at world level. He fought mostly old has-beens and set-ups, like Haye does now.
    Still, he'd beat Haye I think. Haye's got decent speed and very good power but he's got more holes in his defence than swiss cheese, and he's never fought anyone remotely young and "live" at heavyweight, not even a second-rater heavyweight.

Haye's overrated. He's done nothing.

young griffo likes this.
  2. turpinr

turpinr Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 6, 2009
    haye may be over rated but bruno must be the slowst heavy weight champ ever.
    he was a statue with the slowest telegraphed left jab that wouldn't evn be considered good oon a novice amateur.
    he was a great personality but as a boxer...........poor

3. janitor

janitor VIP Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2006
    He did on his first atempt what Bruno needed multiple atempts to do e.g. win part of the title.

I do still have questions about Haye particularly with regard to his stamina and durability, but I am absolutely sold on his prowess as a puncher.

4. turpinr

Feb 6, 2009
    good point:good

5. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Bruno is a better boxer with a better chin and more power.

young griffo likes this.
  6. turpinr

Feb 6, 2009
    :lol::lol:

7. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Bruno KO in the middle rounds. Bruno's jab was slow but it was powerful and effective. Ruiz's only success was his jab against Haye and I feel Bruno would land his big jab with regularity. Bruno may not have been as athletically gifted but he did the best with what he had. He kept his hands up, used his jab and had the power to KO Haye. Haye uses speed and athleticism and looks good early but most of his shot's will not get through Bruno's guard or fall short as Bruno had a huge reach. Bruno uses his superior size and strength to impose himself behind that jab and catches Haye as he comes in to earn the KO.

8. Kalasinn

Kalasinn ♧ OG Kally ♤ Full Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Agreed. :good

Bruno bulldozes Haye in 5 or less.

9. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    He managed to hit better fighters than David Haye with that jab.

Yes, I agree, Bruno was poor. Better than David Haye though.

10. jaffay

jaffay New Orleans Hornets Full Member

Jun 24, 2007
    KO till the 6th. Don't know who wins

11. lefthook31

lefthook31 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jul 6, 2007
    Haye could offer some problems with his speed, but overall Bruno is better. If he connects I think Haye gets knocked out. This fight could look like the Valueav fight, if Haye chose to run.

12. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    True.
    But I cant imagine Haye lasting long against 1986 Witherspoon, '89 Tyson or '93 Lewis either.
    Well, he wouldn't even dare climb in the ring with them, in all likelihood.

Haye beat a old saggy slow giant who a 50 year-old totally shot Holyfield can beat.
    Even an untrained fat Witherspoon was 10x better than Valuev.

Yes, he can punch.
    He'll be demostrating such by knocking out a fourth-rater on a TV near you next month. With all those third-raters he's been fighting lately he deserves an easier fight.

13. tommygun711

tommygun711 The Future Full Member

Dec 26, 2009
    hard to say... could go either way

14. red cobra

red cobra VIP Member Full Member

Jul 28, 2004
    A tko for Haye over the underachieving Mr. Bruno...but not before Bruno has the very chinny Mr. Haye down at one point...Bruno will find a way as usual to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I'm waiting for the "who would win...Haye or Lennox Lewis." If Lewis was champion today Haye would have already retired to be an underwear model or something.

15. Blood Green

Blood Green Guest

Haye by ko. Speed difference too great.