David Haye vs Frank Bruno

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by joe33, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Who would Lennox Lewis have an easier fight with - Bruno or Haye ?

Who would Mike Tyson have an easier fight with - Bruno or Haye ?

How would a 37 year-old Monte Barrett, a 36 year-old Nicolay Valuev and a 38 year-old John Ruiz do against ........ a 37 year-old Bugner, a 30 year-old Gerrie Coetzee and a 30 year-old Oliver McCall ? :lol:

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Haye's speed is overrated, and Bruno's underrated.

Bruno's punch was quick enough :

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vluzMIpjtB0[/ame]

0:52

i dont think Haye's any faster when he lands his right on Ruiz :

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UysHRmxHNzA[/ame]

1:32

3. turpinr

turpinr Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 6, 2009
    class too, bruno having none, in the ring

4. ricardoparker93

ricardoparker93 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 30, 2009
    Haye is faster, and the fact of the matter is he threw that right hand moving backwards and knocked down and really shook at tough fighter. That punch would probably have KO'd Bruno.

5. turpinr

Feb 6, 2009
    you could time bruno on a calander.there's no comparison.
    coetzee didn't want to know in that fight, just like 90% of brunos opponents

6. lefthook31

lefthook31 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jul 6, 2007
    I don't think much of Haye but his speed could easily pose problems for Bruno.

7. Beeston Brawler

Beeston Brawler Comical Ali-egedly Full Member

Jan 9, 2008
    :lol:

Haye would **** his pants at the thought of fighting the Bruno that faced Lewis back in 1993. That was Bruno at his absolute best, he was tooling Lewis until he was caught with the left hook.

Haye couldn't take some of the big shots that Lennox took, he didn't have the ring IQ that Lewis had (even the pre-Steward version).

Haye does have fast hands, but he's not what you'd call a smart fighter. He ran all night against Valuev, and against Ruiz he was really sloppy at times and was caught with silly shots. Those ''silly shots'' from Frank Bruno would render him unconcious.

Bruno might look clunky, have average stamina and zero survival skills, but he's still too much for Haye.

What advantages does Haye have, other than speed?

Jab - Bruno
    Footwork - Bruno
    Chin - Bruno
    Heart - Bruno
    Power - Bruno
    Defence - Bruno
    Skills - Bruno

8. lora

lora Fighting Zapata Full Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Haye's speed is nothing special imo, bar the odd quick looping right hand.Feet are slow and his reflexes are nothing special either.

Bruno's "heavyweight Quartey with poor chin" schtick should get the job more often than not, filleting haye's face with his jab and disrupting him enough to get the right hand in.

9. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Bruno is, actually, one of the few heaywieghts the furious-bombing spastic-attack Haye laid on when he actually hurt Ruiz might work against...but I'm amiss to understand the surety with which people are picking Haye over Bruno.

10. joe33

joe33 Guest

If bruno went in pumped up and wanting it, id go with him, but sadly in most of his big fights i reckon the doubts clouded his mind to much, you just knew at some point he would either get caught, or tire

11. johnmaff36

johnmaff36 Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Two puddings! If i had to pick id go for Bruno and thats the first time in my life ive ever said that

12. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007

For all that this is a cliche, you've hit on the best point in favour of a Haye win that i'v readin the thread...everyone associated with Haye seems to agree that he is amongst the most proffessional and determined individuals they've met.

13. turpinr

Feb 6, 2009
    brunos jab:lol:brunos footwork:lol:

14. Beeston Brawler

Beeston Brawler Comical Ali-egedly Full Member

Jan 9, 2008
    What? :lol:

Bruno's footwork was pretty poor compared to the best guys he was fighting, but it would be right up there with the best in this era.

Haye nearly trips over himself half the time and ends up having to lunge in.

15. Foreman Hook

Foreman Hook ☆☆☆ G$ora ☆☆☆ Full Member

Jul 30, 2010
    1993 Frankie KO 3 teh 2010 Haye..