David Haye vs Tony Bellew (Dec 17) - On a Sunday!!!

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by namsu55, Oct 31, 2017.

1. MCFC_EW

MCFC_EW Active Member Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Most saturdays before xmas etc people will be out on the **** for xmas dos and what not, i think it makes sense.

ipitythefool likes this.
  2. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I was at the o2 on sunday night to see steely dan and the doobie brothers. always wondered how far away it is from the ring and its not too bad, any of those side 100 blocks is perfectly fine to see the fight

3. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    Yeah the darts is on for most of december and they have no issue. It's no different really. Suspect it'll become a staple of the 'matchroom christmas' and they try and make it the fancy dress night or something daft like that

Oneirokritis and CutThroatFade like this.
  4. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    forget that, just had a look at block 100 tickets for the bellew/haye fight and they are £200 plus lol!

5. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Yeah I wanted to go to but can't justify the price so gonna stay at home and buy the PPV.

As you said there's not a bad view anywhere in the O2. I've never seen boxing there but been two two gigs, last Monday was up in Level 3 and could clearly see everyone's faces on the floor, would be ideal for boxing, wouldn't miss a punch or feint.

anjawnaymiz likes this.
  6. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    They've been waiting a long time to see him smashed. They gonna be waiting ever longer still after the 17th dec

CutThroatFade likes this.
  7. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Most likely it will be a re-run of the first fight. Something similar.
    Perhaps a bit faster paced at the start but Haye will gas early, his foot or his back or something will be playing up, and Bellew will come on strong.
    This time it might be a corner retirement and an "in the ring" retirement announcement. Tears all round.
    They'll hug and kiss and that's the end/

8. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    It does because like you say people will be out on the psis etc, but many will probably think bollocks and be having an early night...

9. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    I'm due in work on the Monday but if Haye loses or retires I'm sure as **** not going in.

Hugo98 likes this.
  10. Odins beard

Odins beard Fentanyl is one hell of a drug.... Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Sounds like a normal day in Kalle's life.

11. Hugo98

Hugo98 New Member Full Member

Sep 5, 2017
    Same. Still remember how devastated I was after the first fight as a Haye fan. Praying he knocks out that scouser this time round and shows he's still got some left in the tank to compete in the division.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  12. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Weird one. No good for the pub trade that.

13. Odins beard

Apr 13, 2014
    I'm honestly gobsmacked that Haye still has fans.

Unforgiven likes this.
  14. Odins beard

Apr 13, 2014
    They've nothing to worry about there, I love a Sunday **** up....I'll be making up for others not going out you can mark my words.

15. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    I can see why some boxing fans don't like him. He's more celebrity than boxer the last few years and with the mismatches and the toe incident, and pulling out of fights, but he was once a very good cruiserweight as we know. I think its nostalgia for me, watching him come from the amateurs and watching his pro career develop. I like him for that reason, and am willing to let **** slide with him. Hes a flash git and loves himself, but I've never got the impression hes got much bad in him !