David Haye

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, May 5, 2018.

1. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    hope he retires in peace. He was a hero of mine before he came back. One of the best. Shame he went skint and had to suffer that. Hopefully he’s got a nice little pot he invests wisely now.

All the best champ.

tee_birch, S.K, Twentyman and 10 others like this.
  2. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Great memories. A true fighting man and an absolute warrior in the ring.

S.K, Twentyman, Gatekeeper and 3 others like this.
  3. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    He subscribes to the warrior code. He proved that in the first fight.

Would I be such a fan of boxing if it weren’t for the likes of him? Probably not.

S.K, Twentyman, Work the body and 3 others like this.
  4. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    His legacy could have been great but he swapped it for the PPV Money

People will look back and remember him as El Toe who came out of retirement to con the PPV Mugs fighting without any chance of winning due to career ending injuries.

It's Ovah, S.K, KermitTheFrog and 5 others like this.
  5. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Got a feeling that's not the last we,ve seen of hay
    e in a boxing ring. Guy needs to retire asap. Great first two rounds...tired in the third and had to go for broke from there on in. People say powers the last thing to go...but not sure I agree with that. His powers no where near the same. His injuries/age/inactivity caught up with him...If you can't train properly at that level...its time to retire. Makes me wonder why these guys almost need to keep coming back to fight. Who's taking that money off them. I reckon something is.

KermitTheFrog likes this.
  6. Blah

Blah Active Member Full Member

Mar 27, 2016
    Should have left it at last years defeat, but money talks. Hopefully he makes a go of things with Hayemaker Ringstar.

7. underwraps

underwraps Active Member Full Member

Oct 31, 2017
    He's earn't milliionns.

8. Hugo98

Hugo98 New Member Full Member

Sep 5, 2017
    Absolutely distraught at the moment in all honesty. When I saw Haye’s public workout he reminded me of a shot Roy Jones yet I dismissed it in the hope of one last hurrah. Hope we hear a retirement announcement in the coming days. A legend in my eyes.

tomclarky, S.K, impacted and 4 others like this.
  9. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Love or loathe him he's got a strong personality and has created some great fight build ups.

Now following Haye we've got Joe "the lights are on but noone's there" Joyce.

S.K and Twentyman like this.
  10. Gomo

Gomo Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    One of my favourite fighters, what a fighter in his prime.

Gutted to see him lose in this manner I was really hoping he could have turned the clock back one last time and put on a performance. In reality it wasr very sad to see him have to suffer this. True warrior, just a shame he has a style that relys on the attributes that are the first to go...

11. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Don't be surprised to see Haye in ring again. Was an excellent fighter many years ago, though was one dimensional and not as good as many think. 3 years ago he couldn't fight again as the worlds top medical experts told him so. Them 3 months after he announced a comeback, guy came back and stole a living. Yes brave in ring, but I would take a beating for several million too. But i haven't got a legacy to try and keep, I think his legacy has now went in many people's eyes.

Greg Price and Scissors like this.
  12. Gomo

Gomo Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    II dont think it's tarnished his legacy to be honest.

Loads of fighters have over stayed their welcome, Jones jnr, eubank, hopkins, the list is endless...

The problem with most fighters is they don't know when they are done, the mind is saying yes the body doesn't agree.

It's sad but will always be one of favourite fighters regardless.

Hugo98 likes this.
  13. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    It’s sorry to see him like this.

He should have stayed retired.

It was completely obvious he was not physically together in the pre fight work out, and that Bellew would win again. Couldn’t push off his back foot at all.

Haye needs to find a better way to make money than this, because this is a painful game when you are not all there.

And like Roy Jones these losses are harming his legacy.

Hugo98 likes this.
  14. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    any idea of how much he made for the bellew fights

15. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    it is a shame that he went out like that to a scumbag like bellew who is a complete fraud who haye would have smashed to pieces in his prime

zfc, Blah, impacted and 2 others like this.