David Lemieux vs. Maksym Bursak & Arslanbek Makhmudov vs. Samuel Okon Peter RBR

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by UnleashtheFURY, Dec 7, 2019.

1. ARGHHH

ARGHHH New Member Full Member

Apr 17, 2010
    This content is protected

2. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Anyone have scores for Kean/Liakhovich? Was stopped in the 10th with less than a minute to go. Wonder how well White Wolf was actually doing.....

3. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Can you imagine him going through another Briggs nightmare, this deep into his career? :lol: :shakehead:

UnleashtheFURY likes this.
  4. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    Google translating a few French articles in looked like White Wolf was game but probably not ahead.

IntentionalButt likes this.
  5. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    https://www.rds.ca/combat/boxe/kean-attend-a-la-derniere-minute-makhmudov-ne-traine-pas-1.7036011

The six-foot-five-and-a-half giant thus defended his NABF belt for the first time and this victory over an ex-champion will certainly enable him to climb a few steps in the WBC standings, where he is currently ranked 21st in a bid for a certain Deontay Wilder ...

In a completely different register, Kean (18-1, 17 KOs) brilliantly held Liakhovich (27-8) away for more than half of the fight before stopping him in a series. shots. As a result, the Québécois has appropriated the WBC's international silver belt.

Kean was ahead 89-82, 89-82 and 88-83 on all three judges' cards, with Liakovich having a boost of energy in the 8th and 9th rounds, as the crowd favorite seemed to be looking for her second breath. He, however, wiped out any chance of returning by regaining control in the 10th.

6. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    It's pretty sad that White Wolf despite being old and relatively inactive is in better physical condition than guys nearly half his age.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    Badbot and IntentionalButt like this.
  7. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009

Stimulated by Arslanbek Makhmudov's other convincing performance on Saturday night at the Bell Center, boxing promoter Camille Estephan is offering $ 20 million to the American Deontay Wilder to come up against his protégé in Montreal in 2020.

"Arslanbek has sent a message and I am going to give Wilder $ 20 million to come to Montreal," said Estephan, Eye of the Tiger Management. In fact, to the winner between Wilder and [Tyson] Fury in February, I offered him $ 20 million to fight in Montreal against Arslanbek. "

The invitation is launched. Makhmudov, 30, defeated American Samuel Peter by KO. in the first round, Saturday. He thus signed a 10 th K.-O. in as many fights.

"I do not care who my next opponent is," Makhmudov said simply after his expeditious triumph. I would be ready to confront anyone. It's my job. I'm always going for the victory. "

Asked if he cared what the world could think of his impressive performance, the colossus was very sure of his means.

"I have nothing to do with what the world thinks," he said. I know what I can do, I know myself. My attention is on the championships, that's all. I do not pay attention to anyone, it's not my job. My job is to box. "

"It will be at the Bell Center at full capacity," said Estephan, about this potential world championship fight he imagines for Makhmudov.

The duel between Wilder (42-0-1, 41 K.-O.) and Fury (29-0-1, 20 K.-O.) is planned precisely on February 22 in Las Vegas and will put at stake the World Heavyweight Title of the WBC. Wilder is the current champion.

8. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Jesus, what a conga line. You have Don Haynesworth tugging on Makhmudov's coattails while Makhmudov himself is tugging (just as quixotically and undeservingly) on Wilder's. :lol:

Big Ukrainian likes this.
  9. UnleashtheFURY

Sep 29, 2012
    How crazy would that be though. If this fight somehow got made next year and Wilder lost an early shootout to a relatively inexperienced and unheralded HW. Far from impossible too. It would probably be a wild chaotic shootout where anything could happen.

10. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    If that did happen, it would only be fair for Makhumudov to turn around and hand Haynesworth the crack he asked for, because he'd be no less an underdog than Makhmudov would've been. The idea of "Mr. JBT" in a world heavyweight title fight just tickles my inner anarchist pink. :lol:

Big Ukrainian and UnleashtheFURY like this.
  11. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Round 1 Bursak 10-8
    Round 2 Lemieux 10-9, very close
    Round 3 Lemieux 10-9, very close
    Round 4 Lemieux 10-9
    Round 5 Bursak 10-8
    Round 6 Lemieux 10-8
    Round 7 Bursak 10-9, close
    Round 8 Bursak 10-9, close
    Round 9 Lemieux 10-9, close
    Round 10 Lemieux 10-9

94-93 Lemieux

Jesus Christ what the **** was that?:lol:

As far as the match goes, it was crazy, but far from a fight of the year, too damn sloppy for that. The layoff for Lemieux, coupled with the fact that he'd never fought that high, was caught cold, and that he got nailed in his damned glass ears again.:lol: That threw him off for the entire fight. But he must be applauded, he showed tremendous grit to survive this one. Bursak showed a tremendous chin and immense heart as well. I have no idea how either of them made it to the final bell. As far as the score goes, Bursak winning by a point is fine as well. All scores I this SD are justifiable.

You should all watch it, it's a hell of a lot of fun.

And while they kind of look like trannies, which doesn't bother me...:sisi1 the ring girls are tres bien.:naughty2: