David Price wants British title shot soon

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Price is back, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Price is back

Price is back E16 Canning Town banned Full Member

May 31, 2016
    I'm still confident Price can become world champ. Price said last week he don't want sympathy and if you don't like him then don't watch him. I feel lot of his haters are femi fans. After what Price did to him in sparring that just can't handle it.

PaulLynch83 likes this.
  2. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    blimey, you still got your tongue up his arsehole?

price is british level at best, a fight with Cornish would be fun

S.K likes this.
  3. Price is back

Price is back E16 Canning Town banned Full Member

May 31, 2016
    I like Price,sure he has his faults but it's not as if he has lost to bums is it ?

Jamal Perkins likes this.
  4. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    His biggest strength was his power but he looks gun shy in recent fights which is a real worry as previously he looked like argubaly the biggest single power puncher in boxing. I don't know if he's been getting therapy as on the mental side seems to struggle with pressure. Also had several major technical flaws which were never sorted. I don't want to be to down on him as he has some ability and certainly seems a top guy so i wish him well.

DON1 and Jackfazz like this.
  5. Gymbot

Gymbot Active Member Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    He will always have a puncher's chance, but he doesn't have the chin, heart or conditioning to be a contender beyond domestic level.

6. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    That's more the level of what he should be aiming for. Because of his weaknesses he can be quite fun to watch, so I'm glad he's doing this instead of just calling it quits.

Howitzer1888 and Clark81 like this.
  7. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Interesting when Dave Coldwell said he could do 12 rounds of sparring with a few different sparring partners switching at a quick pace no problem but seems a mental blockage when he gets in the ring on fight night. That's obviously a mental issue more than conditioning. Think he should be about 18.7 stinevon fight nights seems to too light or too heavy.

8. Northadox

Northadox Active Member Full Member

Apr 9, 2017
    Joshua, Wilder and Parker will all beat Price by very early KO.. Where can he possibly win a world title?

9. On_The_Ropes

On_The_Ropes Active Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2016
    I would still tune in to watch a Price fight, I'm always on the edge of my seat when I watch his fights, at any moment you know Price could KO his opponent cold or his own glass jaw could be about to shatter. Put him in against Dave Allen, that's a 50-50 fight.

10. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Woody Allen is now a 50/50 fight after Plumber Price was water pumped by the inflatable Hammer last fight

11. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    The fact you are talking about a sparring session says it all.

Since that Sparring session one fighter has gone on to the conquer the world while the other struggles to stand up in a strong wind losing many times.

12. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Wouldn't miss a Plumber Pricey fight for anything. I'd even gladly pay £15 to see Price fight any heavyweight with a winning record, cracking entertainment.

13. Octolony shore

Octolony shore Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Word on the street is price is on the verge of signing a multi fight deal with the comedy channel.

S.K and velagod like this.
  14. DON1

DON1 ICEMAN Full Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Seems like nice fella but he is finished. You can see the fear in his demeanor when the opponent is on the front foot. Needs to leave it alone.

15. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Who is training him for his return on the Smith undercard? If I was managing Price, I'd ask Peter Fury if he could train him.