David Tua vs Rocky Marciano

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by KTFO, Aug 28, 2007.

1. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    The strongest boxer ever was very probably Paul Anderson who was far from a giant. He lifted 1185lbs in the squat and bench pressed 625lbs.He was a sh*t boxer but the strongest recorded man in the world for some time.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  2. Combatesdeboxeo_

Combatesdeboxeo_ Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 19, 2016
    WHO THE HELL CARES ABOUT if HE WAS A PRO WRESTLER BEFORE OR AFTER HIS BOXING CAREER? why are you changing the topic? The point is that Carnera was stronger than lewis, his bones were wider, he was much bigger naturally(not height) ,he was much heavier even taking in count that lewis was a modern guy that added manufactured weight and carnera was a guy of the 30s... carnera was a lot bigger naturally and of course that he was stronger.
    about Joe Louis... lmao if you are insinuating that Louis was physically stronger than Carnera i have losing my time with you

3. ticar

ticar Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Dec 7, 2008
    you are using old, heavy version of foreman, how about the young version? bowe has wider collarbone, look at his wide shoulders here

[url]http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/american-heavyweight-boxer-riddick-bowe-with-his-trainer-eddie-futch-picture-id164299591?s=594x594[/url]

bowe lewis when standing look they same height... look how much bowe is taller than foreman here, and he is in flat boxing shoes while foreman is probably in a inch tall shoes

This content is protected

anyway bowe is the bigger man than foreman in the boxing ring, taller, heavier, plus having better condition

4. Combatesdeboxeo_

Nov 19, 2016
    lmao

5. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    So you duck out of proving your statement ,as I expected you would.

6. Combatesdeboxeo_

Nov 19, 2016
    so i showed you that it is not truth posting a pic of they together but you use a pic of bowe with the ancient eddie futch to prove anything?

compare the distance between their necks and their shoulders. foreman had slightly wider shoulders

7. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    The answer to that is simple,here is your statement and it isnt true.

"carnera was a wrestler, he had to reduce weight to compete in boxing,". You just keep making unfounded statements that you have no intention of proving ,it's beyond stupid!

8. The Kentucky Cobra

The Kentucky Cobra Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jan 9, 2017
    Foreman was listed 6'3" 217-230 78.5" in his peak fighting days.

Bowe was 6'5" 225-240 81" in his peak fighting days.

I don't care what your perception of Foreman is...Bowe is bigger any damn way you cut it. And by bigger..I mean bigger, he was simply the larger man.

ticar likes this.
  9. ticar

ticar Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Dec 7, 2008
    to prove that bowe had very wide shoulders... foreman also has wider shoulders, but bowe seems wider...

in pics you post foreman is angled in the profile so you can't really see, plus they are wearing suits which can distinguish in their form

10. Combatesdeboxeo_

Nov 19, 2016
    he did not have to reduce his weight to fight as boxer because he was a wrestler... it was because he was huge naturally, i named that he was a wrestler simply as something added.
    and you keep saying that i have to prove what? Carnera worked in a circus as fighter BEFORE he was a boxer.

[url]http://blogs.20minutos.es/quefuede/2014/05/30/quien-fue-primo-carnera-el-gigante-de-los-alpes/[/url]
    it is in spanish
    translate it to the english

WAITING YOUR EXCUSE NOW, YES HE WAS A CIRCUS WRESTLER BEFORE HE WAS A BOXER

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  11. The Kentucky Cobra

The Kentucky Cobra Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jan 9, 2017
    In the "when is bigger" thread, coma seems to have a problem distinguishing strength from size.

He seems intent on arguing that Foreman is somehow larger than his actual stats. For instance he argued Foreman and Ali were both 6'3" men near the same weight when they fought, but Foreman was still larger because he weighed more than they were 19, and is the stronger man.

12. Combatesdeboxeo_

Nov 19, 2016
    Foreman is not listed at 6'3 he is listed at 6'3 1/2 in boxrec. also he weighed 232 pounds against Dino Denis.
    riddick bowe was fat at 240 pounds, very soft, like i said bowe was 1" taller, but he was not bigger if you take in count that Foreman weighed al least 10 pounds more since younger days, other thing is adding manufactured weight

13. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    You don't prove a negative.

mcvey likes this.
  14. Combatesdeboxeo_

Nov 19, 2016
    here you got the link, Foreman is 6'3 1/2 and i have seen ali listed between 6'2 and 6'3, Ali said that he was listed at 6'2 in his passport.

[url]http://boxrec.com/boxer/90[/url]

in the amateurs Foreman was in the super hw division and Ali was a lhw and you are saying that they are the same size... you are laughable. Foreman and bowe are close and can be debated... but Foreman and Ali? please

15. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    I don't know what that is.