David Tua vs. Sonny Liston

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Russell, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Stiches Yarn

Stiches Yarn Active Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2021
    There would be a real holy union between Tua's face and Liston's jab.
    The tuaman gets brutally annihilated.

MadProf likes this.
  2. moneytheman12

moneytheman12 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 4, 2021
    but thats flawed rah moved around literal and wasnt slow of hand and better defense it's a odd comparison

son didnt fight that way he was basic and slow

3. moneytheman12

Feb 4, 2021
    nice joke show me the match where dave was beat by a slow puncher who was easy to read like son

4. cross_trainer

cross_trainer Liston was good, but no "Tire Iron" Jones Full Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Sonny's handspeed was very slow, but Rahman wasn't that quick, either.

Where are you getting the idea of Rahman's better defense? Sonny actually looks like he has more consistent upper body movement than Rahman.

5. moneytheman12

Feb 4, 2021
    your skipping over rah using literal movement which son didnt use

its not a idea rah defense was better and his upperbody movement was way better he could throw mutiple combos while switching stances son never did this either

rah was faster then him do I have to bring back the videos that always have people unable to debunk them I took some days off using that with you on ernie

rah is not a good compare to son he was better then him in every area except reach and son didnt use his reach to outbox a person so it means nothing

the vids breakdown has had legend magoo twice avoiding the breakdown with razor and bowe moving better and him saying how razor lost nothing to do with the topic

then I showed him bowe lennox and razor moving way better and the response was but I think he moves better which he never shown he did he thought of something that never was shown

I showed 70s razor moving better then Louis I got the response Louis beat big men never did he ever beat somebody like razor

do we have to do this vid thing cross or will you be real with me like im always with you

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  6. cross_trainer

cross_trainer Liston was good, but no "Tire Iron" Jones Full Member

Jun 30, 2005
    I don't think you used or cited any videos about Shavers in the Shavers thread you're referring to. You just said that there was some unspecified footage that supported you. Others disagreed.

But yeah, if you want to show videos of Rahman using upper body movement, go ahead. There's a YouTube video of highlights of Liston's defense out there, too.

7. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    No he started out at a little over 200, he got bigger and averaged around 225lb before he became "overweight"