Dawson is not with Mayweather SR. anymore!!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Grabonator, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Grabonator

Grabonator Active Member Full Member

Apr 15, 2007
    Its a shame, i think Mayweather is a great trainer for Dawson. Now Dawson is with Eddie Mustafa Muhammad.

2. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    I thought Dawson was making nice progress with Mayweather. I wonder why they split up?

3. King Dan

King Dan Golovkin Full Member

Feb 24, 2005
    Because you can't understand Mayweather Sr. half the time.

4. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    :lol:

5. justaboxingfan

justaboxingfan Member Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    I remember during the lead up to the Adamek fight, Dawson and Mayweather didn't talk to each other respectively for the first half of their camp, and during the Ruiz fight, Dawson started camp without Mayweather so it was only a matter of time before the two of them spit.

6. crashzzz

crashzzz Bergeron Avatar Club Full Member

Sep 6, 2005
    :rofl:rofl :lol::lol::lol:

7. Lampley

Lampley Boxing Junkie banned

Oct 30, 2005
    I'm not all that huge a Floyd Sr. fan, though he is damn entertaining. He was imploring Chad to try to get a KO against Adamek, and sure enough shortly thereafter Dawson gets KDd.

Now, that's Dawson's fault for getting careless, but at the same time Mayweather should have understood the situation better. Adamek was still coming forward and throwing hard shots.

On the other hand, this is Dawson's second trainer change in less than a year. You have to wonder what the hell's going on. I'd actually like to see him get with Steward, who could probably get to Chad a whole lot better than he has with Jermain Taylor.

8. Lampley

Oct 30, 2005

"Luukk heyre ... luoukk heeyrre mayn ... u kin nawk dis sumbitch auwt rite naauuww ..."

I'd swear Floyd Sr. was a crackhead if I didn't know better. He always starts off with something like the above.

9. Lampley

Oct 30, 2005
    Roach actually has a little bit of a speech hiccup too, and not just because of Parkinsons. "Look, Manny, OK, we've gotta set traps for this guy, Ok."

10. andyZOR

andyZOR Obsessed with Boxing banned

Feb 28, 2007
    Kinda sucks for Dawson.

Mayweather Sr. is key.

11. Lampley

Oct 30, 2005
    Why do you say? Dawson was pretty good with Birmingham, too. I think Chad is looking for someone who will make him his No. 1 fighter over all others.

We'll see. I'm generally not a fan of changes like this four weeks out from a fight, though.

12. shelterr

shelterr Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 7, 2006
    I hope this doesnt affect Dawson, i though Floyd Sr. was doing a good job with him as a fighter.

13. andyZOR

andyZOR Obsessed with Boxing banned

Feb 28, 2007
    Couse Mayweather knows his ****. He knows how to win a fight. imo hes one of the top best trainers out there. But I don't know for sure if it has little effect to him or not. We will see.

14. DanePugilist

DanePugilist God vs God - Death Angel Full Member

Oct 14, 2006
    Lets hope the changes doesn't confuse Dawson too much. I think a blend of Roach and Steward would make Dawson even more lethal - maybe ATG if everythings works out perfectly.

15. Smazz20

Smazz20 Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Obviously not gonna happen. But it'd be cool to see Dawson come over to the U.K and train with someone like Ingle for a couple of years.