Day Before Weigh-ins

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Brand NOOBian, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Brand NOOBian

Brand NOOBian Member Full Member

Jun 21, 2012
    What do you guys usually do the day before weigh-ins in terms of training and food/fluid intake?

This is my 3rd time cutting weight for a same day competition. The first time I didn't have much to cut and felt fine the day of. The second time was short notice and I had to cut more weight more quickly, which left me feeling pretty weak the day of.

I started this week about 3 kg overweight, and right now I'm only about 1 kg over. The past few days I've been drinking lots of water and limiting carbs/sodium to flush out excess water while eating mainly chicken breast, raw or boiled vegetables, fruit, and protein shakes/bars. I'm not too worried about making weight, but I'm not sure what I should eat/drink today or if I should train at all. I might just do some light shadow boxing and hit the sauna after to get rid of this last 1 kg. Should I eat/drink how I have been and then hit the sauna, or should I try to reduce food/fluid intake as much as possible all day? Thanks in advance.

2. jasper2005

jasper2005 Active Member Full Member

Jun 8, 2012
    No point to cut weight for amateurs; just fight at what you weigh. Only worry about cutting weight if a pro

3. captain hook

captain hook Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2011
    be max 2 kg of your fight category all the time, this is how you ll solve all the problems :) i`m trying to stay in 71,5kg max (no pizza etc..) for my 69 cat. After fight i eat trash, but after few days i`m back in 71kg.

i sweat easily so its never problem for me to cut weight, but i know some guys have real problems with that, and they love eating trash...