DAZN’s $100m offer

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, May 19, 2019.

1. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    The Tuscaloosa News.

Who is the source of reports of AJ’s purses and Eddie’s offers?

2. PH|LLA

PH|LLA VIP Member Full Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Using combat sports mathematics, even if that fatass knocked AJ out cold, he would still get robbed and lose the fight.

rorschach51 likes this.
  3. macademics

macademics Active Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Michael Coppinger, Dan Rafael and Keith Idec have all reported the offers made by Hearn/DAZN - stop it man.

4. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    So if an actual newspaper that covers Wilder reports something that doesn’t fit your agenda ... it didn’t happen.

But if those guys report something, it did. Yet what are their sources? Probably Eddie Hearn.

5. Jackomano

Jackomano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    DAZN’s $100 Million deal was contingent on Joshua facing him, which wasn’t guaranteed. If Joshua decided not to fight him Wilder’s pay would’ve been reduced and Wilder would’ve been bound to DAZN without any leverage to do anything, since DAZN doesn’t have Joshua signed to any agreement.

Therefore the offer wasn’t any good, since with no Joshua fight locked in DAZN wouldn’t be obligated to pay Wilder $20 million to fight Whyte and would adjust what they would pay him.

6. Tazz

Tazz Member Full Member

Dec 24, 2009
    That's a fiction that you've created to make yourself feel better about Wilder ducking. Even Wilder's team wouldn't dispute the fact that the deal would have guaranteed the AJ fight. Hearn has been asked about it and said that AJ's side of the deal was agreed.

7. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Says who? I dont ever recall Finkel or Wilder saying anything like this. The only people ive heard talk like this are those crazy fools on YouTube. There has to be somebody from a more official position than raving internet lunatics to have as a source. But to be honest, DAZN offering Joshua and 100 million only for it not to be Joshua or 100 million does sound a bit like nonsense to me. If this was the case it would be the very 1st reason Finkel would cite for turning all that money down. But he never mentioned it at all when he explained why they had turned it down.

8. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Journalists rarely reveak sources for obvious reasons. Although Rafael quoted two separate sources for his reporting of the DAZN Wilder negotiation:

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/26300183/wilder-camp-rejects-9-figure-dazn-offer

None of which was subsequently denied by either side and I believe both parties said something along the lines that the quoted figures weren't a million miles from reality.

Still there's enough talk out there that everyone can choose their own adventure.

9. Holler

Mar 12, 2018
    It is. Of all the absurd arguments advanced, the idea that DAZN would lay out that kind of money for anything but the Joshua fight takes the cake.

Bokaj likes this.
  10. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    One side are pressing the issue, the other silent.

This content is protected

11. Jackomano

Jackomano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    I don’t need to make myself feel better about anything, since I like both fighters and have said for quite some time this fight most likely wont happen until 2021 or after.

That said it’s common sense, since DAZN has no say so over Joshua’s career, so I don’t see how they can guarantee Joshua will do anything. Also, Hearn’s word doesn’t mean anything, since he also guaranteed Ortiz an immediate shot at Joshua after the Wlad fight, since Ortiz stepped aside, but Hearn weaseled out of his promise. If the fight is meant to happen Wilder doesn’t need to sign an exclusive deal with DAZN or Hearn for the fight to take place.

If Wilder signs with DAZN for two fights with Joshua at a future date and Joshua decides he has other plans, which Joshua fully capable of doing where would that leave Wilder? DAZN wouldn’t still pay him the $80 Million if Joshua doesn’t fight him.

If the deal was that great Finkel would’ve had Wilder sign it.

12. macademics

macademics Active Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Bro those guys are accredited boxing writers - Coppinger works for PBC, Rafael for ESPN and Idec works for Yahoo Sports. So yeah they are more credible then Alabama News.

And you didn't answer my question - who was prepared to guarantee the 50M amount - you did see the video I posted with Frank Warren revealing that BT Sport was the guarantee for the 50M offer right? Haymon and Showtime couldn't put the money together themselves.

State the source of the money - not the source of the news.

13. Holler

Mar 12, 2018
    Maybe that wasn't an option?

14. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    You must be in dreamland. The whole meeting was to make the AJ-Wilder fight. Who in their right mind would offer Wilder a deal that does not include Joshua. On top of that AJ actually wants the fight.

The deal offered was a fight then AJ X 2.

15. Tazz

Tazz Member Full Member

Dec 24, 2009
    The whole point of DAZN meeting Wilder's team was to make the AJ - Wilder fight. Nothing even mentioned suggests they were trying to sign Wilder for DAZN.

If Showtime or Fox approached Matchroom to make the fight, no-one would suggest that they couldn't guarantee the Wilder fight. Whilst, he may not be signed with them, he is associated to them via PBC. Just as AJ is associated with DAZN via Matchroom.

As for Ortiz. If he hadn't chose to fight Wilder, the WBA would have ordered the fight between him and AJ after the IBF mandatory. It was known at the time, that IBF had granted an exception for AJ to fight the Klitschko rematch. After Klitschko declined the rematch, the IBF ordered the Pulev fight, and the WBA would have ordered AJ to fight Ortiz next. To make things worse, the 2nd time he could've had an opportunity to fight AJ, he turned it down. The less said about the coward Ortiz, the better.