DAZN offers huge deal roughly $100 million to Deontay Wilder!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by tommyg6, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Gil Gonzalez

Gil Gonzalez Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jun 15, 2012
    I would not be so sure. A year from now we might all be saying, “Remember that DAZN thing? That sure was a load of wank.”

kirk likes this.
  2. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    They have to match other offers now that are possible like Top Rank.

The projections don't reflect a fighters worth ,if that's the case they would hand over Wilder his 2 dollars and 1 cent ( non PPV highest pay 2.1 ) or hand him his 7 dollars ( 7 million what wilder made on Fury fight ) . And determine this guy needs to take a walk with such a proposition they are offering him with wilders insane self worth ( in his head )...lol

DAZN doesn't rely on a U.S market and never will. It gets its revenue from the other countries ( other sports ) that are far more easier to compete in and is based in the U.K .It HAS to spend much more money ( lose more ) for a few years before it remotely turns a profit here .

The end result is a slow takeover to try and become the number one sports App globally and to be the number one boxing provider in the U.S. This is the goal not worrying about spending....if they do not do that then its a waste of time and money they are losing now ,they need to go all in or not go at all because of Top Rank ESPN, PBC , BT sports...etc.

Theres always steady income they aren't going to run out of money like a few knuckle heads on here think who have ZERO comprehension about business. lol

I would also like them to get XFL, and lead the way there and invest in that too . they have a golden opportunity to challenge the NFl as well.

kirk likes this.
  3. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    What if Wilder gets KOed by Breazeale?
    Does he still get 80 mil for AJ?

Gennady likes this.
  4. DONT B SCARED

DONT B SCARED Pimpin Aint Easy Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    I'd say your way off on everything you just said considering the quality of his last 2 unbeaten opponents in the lineal champ Fury and the dangerous and much avoided Ortiz .
    Which fight did Wilder only make 500k as I don't remember him ever getting less then 1.25mill ?

305th likes this.
  5. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Wilder isnt popularity enough to attain these revenue figures, hes no Golovkin.

I will ignore them and toss it away. Thus it is irrelevant and nobody on here should spend the time contemplating about the possibility because I already made up my mind that its absolute bollocks.

Power_tek likes this.
  6. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    :lol: Holy ****ing ****!
    Talk about overpaying!

Tankatron and Jamzy ⭐ like this.
  7. dangerousity

dangerousity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2005
    The only fighters who can justify these numbers are Canelo and Pac.

Crazy move specially if in fact wilder becomes no.3 in the division.

His last fight did 200k PPV buys.

Reminds me of the billionaires taking over football (soccer) clubs spending money left and right.

8. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017
    No, of course not. I'm sure that's in the contract — he needs to beat Breazeale to get to Joshua.

9. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017
    Yeah. Suddenly that Canelo deal for 11 (not just 3) fights doesn't look too good. :smile: He was a ppv star already, after all.
    Alvarez must be jealous as hell right now! :lol:

Big Ukrainian and Badbot like this.
  10. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    1. Fury was not 100% and Wilder wouldn't have taking it otherwise. he viewed it as an easier fight to win .The other option was make more in one fight but lose to Joshua.

2. Ortiz was not healthy . Wilder DECLINED him initially before any banning. He ONLY accepted a fight after Stiverne when Ortiz REAL age came out on several sources which were confirmed multiple times, his OWN trainer slipped up in an interview I saw as well not long ago. Reportedly ( 48/ 50 ) years of age. Ortiz didn't pass the physical pre fight exam and was nearly yanked off the card.

Wilders lowest pay in title fight was 900,000 I believe against Washington.

Ortiz made 500,000 in that Wilder fight. Its WHY fighters don't actually want Ortiz because he doesn't bring in money .

Wilder hasn't taking ONE fight that's actually a threat when someones properly prepared.

The only reason he's fighting Breazeale is its his mando. He probably would want to avoid him to just on the fact that guy can punch and stands 6'7 and a half so its another risky fight besides 80% fury and old Ortiz .

11. Dangerwood84

Dangerwood84 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2017
    This **** is just getting ridiculous now!

12. Charlie Stewart

Charlie Stewart Most Merciful Full Member

Feb 5, 2019
    20m for breazele & 40mx2 for Joshuax2 is a ridiculous offer. If wilder turns this down I never want to hear from him or his fanboys ever again.

Northadox likes this.
  13. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    DAZN have to buy into the market. They are creating a buzz and a name for themselves by bringing the two best boxing fights in the world Canelo vs GGG and AJ vs Wilder and potentilally putting both on in the same year. This creates buzz and subscriptions and allows them to build a reputation ready for when other sports become available. The other thing is they are a global business and can operate economies of scale.
    Let’s say that they achieve a million subs in the U.S which for these two fights would be a low figure. That’s $9.99 x 12 months = $120m which almost pays all of these guys purses.
    All of their boxing deals are for all of their other markets also.. some of these markets have prime content in their county Serie A soccer in Italy for example. Netflix has 139 subs globally let’s again underestimate and say DAZN have 5% of that number at 7 million subs. Thats over $600m dollars of annual revenue, using $50m dollars of that towards these fights drives subscriptions up in all of their markets not just the US. If the platform works they know they will not need to pay these purses forever and just a couple of super fights a year will keep subscribers. That’s why Hearn has been saying for months get in now while the going is good as they will still pay good purses but they are not stupid and will not overpay forever. Let’s hope Wilder takes the deal.

Furious likes this.
  14. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    They are close to a deal bringing back Wlad also.

15. Jamzy ⭐

Jamzy ⭐ Active Member Full Member

Oct 8, 2018
    20 million to fight Dominic Breazeale? Easy day at the office for Wilder.

Northadox and Davo like this.