DAZN PPV - UK

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Double J, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Yeah, that seems about right. Shocking, they can go swivel.

N17 likes this.
  2. unfriendlyorchid

unfriendlyorchid Probably moaning about Sky Sports Full Member

Jul 20, 2021
    I agree. The no PPV advertising - admittedly it was more in the US than here - risks biting them badly.

The BT purchase, assuming it happens, gives them a very easy get out clause though, as BT Box Office is pretty well established now.

Let's face it, everyone in boxing has got their eye on the loot - Hearn, Warren, Shalom, Smith, Arum, Haymon and their respective TV networks.

We're a pretty sophisticated boxing audience here, and I doubt anyone posting here has fallen for anything David Haye has said since his big night in Hamburg.

Vote with your wallets - not only for DAZN and any PPVs, but for Sky Sports and BT Sport monthly subs too.

3. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Stuck in a complaint to Sky as no mention of Shanny when he talked about the female boxing scene.

#TeamShanny

unfriendlyorchid and N17 like this.
  4. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013

:risas3:

5. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    When in Rome, game changed.

Glenn McKrory and Jurgen like this.
  6. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Just listened to this on the way home from work and doesn’t Smith come across 100x better when he’s not being told to bang the Matchroom drum. Very knowledgable bloke and can tell he loves boxing.

7. Rick Rude

Rick Rude New Member banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    LOL a lot of business savvy people on these threads. I'm not a Hearn nut rider but the man is clearly successful. A lot of people have been plotting the demise for a while now and his bank account keeps growing.

8. Skyver

Skyver Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 29, 2015
    Who on a boxing forum gives a toss about his bank balance and realistically has nefarious plans ploting his downfall?..u sound like a nut sucker with that post.

9. Astro

Astro Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    I agree. Adam Smith is a very good boxingcommentar. The US commentator on DAZN for the Joshua vs Usyk event was very poor.

10. N17

Feb 16, 2013

Yeah I agree, I think now he is away from it all I think he can be himself more instead of just " Matchroom Company Man Adam".

He knows his stuff, for me it's more of a frustration with him, he has been around boxing for decades, he knows his stuff and then he goes blows it with stupid comments and onesided commentary.

Hopefully he has seen the error of his ways and just concentrates on giving us good insights and fair and knowledgeable commentaries.

Clarkey likes this.
  11. N17

Feb 16, 2013
    I don't think anybody has said he won't make money, of course he will, but long term the targeting of "the casual market" simply will not last.

Fighters like AJ are few and far between, we don't have many heavyweight world champions, so once AJ starts to slide (and after Usyk it might be now) then casual fans don't have anything else to believe in, they won't be turning up in numbers to watch...

Shannon Courtenay, Connor Benn, Ted Cheeseman, Anthony Fowler because they ain't gonna cut it.

Glenn McKrory likes this.
  12. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    Don't write off Shanny yet mate - she will bounce back from her multiple setbacks last week and become a two timing World Champion

N17 likes this.
  13. N17

Feb 16, 2013

I'm sorry, I should have more faith.

Also, Surely her "people" are on the phone to tampax for a sponsorships deal? Maybe a nice little advert

Jurgen likes this.
  14. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    I believe the one from the weigh-in last week is on Ebay - a bargain for Tony Hayers types

N17 likes this.
  15. alpo1

alpo1 #TeamShanny Full Member

Dec 10, 2005
    I thought Eddie's original sales pitch was that the PPV model was archaic?

Slimy fella lol. The matchroom fc cult seems to be reducing now though, so he's not as successful at brainwashing people with his BS.