DAZN PPV - UK

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Double J, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Gazanta87

Gazanta87 Member Full Member

May 18, 2019
    Just watched the latest boxing social video with Eddie Earn and he seems to think Sky are putting on Eubank/Williams for £20 ppv. I'd imagine in December with Eubank saying he had a big fight lined up then.

2. kobashi

kobashi Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Adam Smith has said no more PPV for 2021 so hearn has got this one wrong.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  3. Gazanta87

Gazanta87 Member Full Member

May 18, 2019
    Wouldn't be the first time mate but I'll be interested to see if it is Williams in December. Helluva scrap that will be. I'm assuming we will find out tomorrow

Brixton Bomber, Astro and Scissors like this.
  4. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Funny how we interpretate things differently. On Fury v Whyte all he said was DAZN would like to have it. He didn't differ from what he said last week which it doesn't matter where the fight lands as DAZN wont stop it happening on another network. I thought thats what the fans wanted? Fights not being stopped due to network demands?

5. Puroresu_Fan

Apr 6, 2016
    The way Hearn was talking it sounds like AJ is in no rush to sign with anyone and could just do what Canelo does and fight on whichever network pays the most at any particular time.

6. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    I thinknthat is what I would do.

7. Puroresu_Fan

Apr 6, 2016
    Kinda makes sense.

One interesting I found in the latest interview when Hearn was asked about Canelo v plant rights. He said as the fight was on fox in America it meant DAZN had no interest for UK rights as they want global rights so every region gets the broadcast. I get why they would want a uniformed schedule but that's not always possible.

Just how much are BT paying for the Canelo v plant fight?

Seems crazy that fight being ppv at 4am

TBC-ASAP likes this.
  8. Astro

Astro Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    I don´t agree. Costello just says what we all can see.

9. Astro

Sep 29, 2021
    Good point, but I still think AJ is going to leave Sky PPV.

10. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    I think any 3 fight deal would be on the assumption he loses to Usyk in the rematch.

Buy guessing if he loses his next fight after that, that is where is value becomes harder to know. So I suppose a 3 fight deal could be quite appealing. Depends how much he backs himself

11. Astro

Sep 29, 2021
    I totally agree. Eubank Jr. vs Liam Williams is a cracking fight.

Wizbit1013 and Brixton Bomber like this.
  12. RT7

RT7 Active Member Full Member

Apr 21, 2014
    I thought so to until about 2 days ago.surely his advisers will be telling him to hold fire after seeing the reaction to ppv on dazn which presumably he'd have known about before we did?

13. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    His sales pitch is slick but full of shyte when you listen to his words - exactly the same with Toe Haye types.

If people just visualise every time Earn speaks, that he is describing selling them a Rolls Royce for the price of a Rolls Royce but what he is actually selling is a 30 year old Yellow Reliant Robin.

RT7, Gatekeeper, chico g and 2 others like this.
  14. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    This content is protected

15. Willis Brown

Willis Brown Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    When I buy any product it’s a simple matter of asking “will my hard earned cash bring me a comparable amount of pleasure “ very simple. For instance would I pay £20 PPV for Eubank v Williams ? no way Jose it’s a British Level fight , is it a good competitive fight most definitely and one I am interested in but I have always been of the opinion that Broadcasters just like any sales oriented business will charge what they can get away with ! If enough mugs pay extra for British level fights the bar will lower next you will be paying to watch the ads ! Vote with your feet or you will make a rod for your own back.