Dazn price increase confirmed

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by bladesman, Aug 31, 2021.

1. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    He did Chelsea v Liverpool before too. He can’t even pronounce names right these days.

2. aaaaa

Dec 19, 2020
    2 people have asked me about the Warrington fight this week, my dad and an older bloke from work, and both presumed it was on Sky.

Wizbit1013 and Terminator like this.
  3. ButeTheBeast

ButeTheBeast Well-Known Member Full Member

May 27, 2012
    No hype for this fight. Even in a weekend where there is no Premier League football.

DAZN feels like an inferior version of Boxnation.

Suspect.chin and bladesman like this.
  4. pizzatime

pizzatime New Member Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Well, in fairness we are still coming out of lockdown and Matchroom is just getting going on Dazn - I think this card is a genuine 8 out of 10 and I am personally really excited for it. I couldn't care less about 'hype' whatever that may be - I guess you are glued to Twitter and Instagram.

Sampneb and Trafford like this.
  5. pizzatime

pizzatime New Member Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Tell your dear old Pa that most people with even a slight interest in boxing have heard about DAZN by now and of course send him a link to all your numerous posts on Eddie Hearn / Matchroom / DAZN for a comprehensive overview of events.

6. iestyn2020

iestyn2020 Member Full Member

Jan 27, 2021
    I am going to the card. i am only really interested in two fights, hughes and warrington fight and have some interest in the benn fight

Jurgen likes this.
  7. Glenn McKrory

Glenn McKrory M&S luxury pudding Full Member

Jul 26, 2018
    I keep getting bombarded with messages from the app, asking me to get the fight, even Josh Warrington himself sent me a message.

I think the worst part of all this is what a terrible name 'DAZN' is. How on earth does 'DAZN' mean 'The Zone'?

Datsun kind of makes sense if you're into 70s Nissans.

8. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    That's simply not true. Channel 5 gets more viewers for their fights than most sky and BT cards. Why? Because it's easy for people to watch.

Sky and BT are established pay options but dazn isn't and only hardcore or younger demographics will be on top of it all.

Wizbit1013, Jurgen and aaaaa like this.
  9. aaaaa

Dec 19, 2020
    Will do Eddie.

Wizbit1013, teddybaldock and Jurgen like this.
  10. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    You're right it's a terrible name. Awful. They also have "The DAZN Boxing Show" which translates as The The Zone Boxing Show? It should just be called DAZN Boxing Show. Stupid if you ask me.

11. unfriendlyorchid

unfriendlyorchid Probably moaning about Sky Sports Full Member

Jul 20, 2021
    Spot on.

Anyone listening to Five Live tonight will hear Buffer / Diamante say “live globally on The Zone”.

Nobody who isn’t familiar already will know to go to dazn.com - when I google The Zone, I get an advert for leotards, and the top result is a hotel in Plymouth.

Whereas when he says Sky Sports, BT Sport, listeners know exactly where to go to tune in.

Glenn McKrory likes this.
  12. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    How many subscribers will have seen the increase in price.

Watched last night and got the needle ajs cancelled?