Dean Whyte/Lemar Scott -Changed his name to become Dillians 'brother'

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Cutman Capetillo, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    destruction likes this.
  2. themaster999

themaster999 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2015
    Weird as ****

Hope the Fury’s have a field day with this one.

aaaaa likes this.
  3. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
  4. LeavemealoneKoooogs

LeavemealoneKoooogs A cacophony of noise! Full Member

Apr 30, 2021
    It's always annoyed me that nobody's ever called him out over this, the fact is he'd have never been given any IFL camera time if Koogs or whoever hadn't mistakenly thought he was Dillians brother, but now that the cats out of the bag everyone just keeps going along with it and giving him exposure he doesn't deserve. He doesn't even have a boxing background, I can't remember what interview it was but he was asked if he'd had any fights and he skittered around answering it like Bambi on ice.

Not one for cancel culture whatsoever and that's not what I'm calling for here, but why the hell does this guy still get treated like a legitimate character in boxing circles when he got his foot in the door by exaggerating how close he was with Dillian?

aaaaa and Safin like this.
  5. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Because he somehow gets views on YT and the viewers always write things like "Top, top man is Dean. Knows his boxing inside out", basically like every Peter Fury video.

The bloke is the biggest hanger on in boxing. "He's a great manager and helps a lot of up and coming fighters" people say, but any diddy can do that with a bit of capital and the contacts.

6. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    I'm so glad this thread exists, I would have posted the same. Looked at YouTube this morning and yet another "Dean Whyte says something that Dillian also said yesterday" video popped up in the recommendations; no thanks. Complete nonentity and says absolutely nothing of additional interest.

I wish there was a mute function for certain words in YouTube titles like you can do with Twitter, as the vague, black-box "not interested in this" could do anything.

LeavemealoneKoooogs likes this.
  7. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Weird and in a way a bit creepy.

8. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Would leave him in a big hole contractually if he made a fortune and wanted the company to be tax efficient

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  9. dragon666

dragon666 Active Member Full Member

Apr 28, 2021
    I think in an old IFL video Kugan greets him and calls him Lemar.

destruction likes this.
  10. Safin

Aug 3, 2019
    This video here isn't even old, and had already been going by "Dean Whyte" for years, but for some reason they put Lemar Scott in the title.

This content is protected

All the typical top rated comments "Dean knows his boxing", "top analyst" and all of that nonsense. Boxing fans are ****ing stupid.

11. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog The people doing the banning are idiots Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Why not?

12. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Proper weirdo. Doing his own shows now. IFL giving him air time under the title ‘Dean Whyte’ knowing he’s full well not called that.

destruction likes this.
  13. LeavemealoneKoooogs

LeavemealoneKoooogs A cacophony of noise! Full Member

Apr 30, 2021
    The YT comments are split in two distinct groups, the ones you've mentioned "top bloke, knows the game inside out" (what are they basing that on? What's he ever said that wasn't a rehashed opinion or fact from someone else?)

And then there are the "Dean Pulev, Dean Arreola, Dean the White rhino Allen" comments which admittedly I enjoy.

He is living proof that you can have zero experience or credibility but can still somehow flap your gums into boxing circles if you hang out of the right people's rear ends. Sam Jones is another example of this.

Oneirokritis, impacted, aaaaa and 2 others like this.
  14. Safin

Aug 3, 2019
    I totally agree.

And very true with your last point. It happens in many areas in life and of course in the professional environment. Especially in fields like sales and things like that.

Oneirokritis likes this.
  15. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    True, but don't believe everything you see I suppose.