Dear JT apologists, Ouma IS an overrated fighter.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Amsterdam, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Boris Christoff Full Member

Jan 16, 2005
    And as much as I hear 'who takes on Kassim Ouma for a tune up', well, any big MW with a set of skills and power would have had no trouble with Kassim Ouma and would have KOed him without much trouble and I know this because when you give an extensive look at Ouma's record, you see the type of holes that show that he's just a B level fighter all in all, when you all act like he's some type of force to be reckoned with and by that I mean for big MW's who can hit, which JT is not that obviously.

Here are facts:

- Ouma was defeated by Roman Karmazin wide and was also put on the floor against him. Karmazin is a very good 154 pound fighter, but not even near the size of the bigger MW's campaigning at 160.

- Ouma had a close fight with gate keeper Marco Antonio Rubio, where Rubio, a small 154 pounder, but a pretty good puncher at 154 in Ouma's defence, landed a series of right's and dropped Ouma, had him hurt. Then the fight went on and Ouma got a close decision that was deserved, but I feel this is a show of his class.

- Ouma beat Sechew Powell in a 10 rounder, Dick Flaherty scored it 100-90, which is bull****. The other two judges had it 97-93 and 96-94 respectively and I found myself agreeing with Weisfeld's 97-93. The main point of this is to show that Ouma had a somewhat competitive event with Powell and Powell went on to barely get by the gate keeper level Ishe Smith. Sechew Powell is not even in the realm of championship level at 154, but surely gave Ouma some trouble.

- SD over Angel Hernandez(gate keeper), CLOSE fight with Verno Phillips(fringe at 154).

Do you get the pattern Taylor apologists? Ouma would give no BIG MW any trouble what so ever and it was truly telling that this small 154 pound fighter was able to give Taylor pressure problems and was able to take everything Taylor through at him on the jaw and the most success Taylor had was just buzzing him with his hardest shots.... where Karmazin and Rubio had him stunned nasty and dropped.

Hype jobs always get saved from rightful criticism and it's not fair.

Abraham, Pavlik, Miranda and other large, hard hitting MW's would wipe the floor with Kassim Ouma and would gladly use him as a tune up, I am so sick of hearing
    This content is protected
    when factors are not even put into perspective.

2. TroubleLurks

TroubleLurks **** spell check Full Member

May 23, 2006
    Damn dude. Your hatred of Taylor is on par with Presscott and Hoya. Keep the threads coming. Avatar bet that Taylor whips Pavlik?:partya

3. Amsterdam

Jan 16, 2005
    I go through different phases with combat sports, Jermain Taylor apologists and their ridiculous defence of him not performing against Kassim Ouma is debunked above. I am curious to how close the Sergio Mora-Ouma fight will be, I think it will be an Ouma win, but close and that's going to further validate my claim of where Ouma stands.

Even though the Karmazin, Phillips and Rubio events show where he is 100%.

Ouma also stated that Karmazin and Rubio hit harder than Taylor, but that was obvious anyway even though they are medium sized LMW's.

4. China_hand_Joe

China_hand_Joe Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 21, 2006
    It isn't just Ouma who is overrated. It is every single fighter in the world promoted by an American.

Especially those in self perpetuating circles of hype such as Taylor, Hopkins and Wright.

5. BigReg

BigReg Broad Street Bully Full Member

Jun 26, 2007
    I agree. This has gotten out of hand. I have no idea why some people on this forum develop a sick obsesion with hating a fighter. I hope Pavlik get's destroyed just so this forum can stop beeing flooded with this type of nonsense

6. China_hand_Joe

Sep 21, 2006
    Now where this get crazy is Ouma's entire reputation is build on his performance against Taylor. He gets a lot of credit for it.

But Taylor also gets credit for beating Ouma.

In effect Taylor is getting credit for beating Ouma, because Ouma lost to him.

Do you see how the American Boxing Media work -questionmark-

If you are Joe Calzaghe though, nobody you have ever beat is good because Joe Calzaghe has humiliated them.

Joe Calzaghe will never get credit for beating any fighter Joe Calzaghe has beaten, ever.

7. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    You really dislike Jermain Taylor I see

8. Amsterdam

Jan 16, 2005
    That's been the case since 2005, aside from the fact that I have been blasting Jermain Taylor too much lately, can we discuss the topic of Taylor vs. Ouma to get it into perspective?

Ouma is no threat to any top MW, probably not even a John Duddy level at that and is going to struggle against better 154's, yet Jermain Taylor has immense trouble with him and can't put his little man, whom have shown a dentable chin a weight class below that has much smaller fighters and everyone gives Taylor a pass because 'who takes Ouma on as a tune and who the hell can KO Ouma?'.

This is a ridiculous stance, it is not fair to Roman Karmazin who beat Ouma really easily and honestly was more effective against Spinks in the rounds that he won and we're supposed to be talking about a P4P level MW lineal champion.

And the worst part, is when Pavlik blows him out of the ring, everyone will act they saw it coming and will ONLY THEN put his run into pure perspective, it's sickening.

9. China_hand_Joe

Sep 21, 2006
    Prime Wright was good yes, not hyped but the credit being handed out in a match between a 42 year old and 35 year old LMW was crazy. Wright went from being unappreciated to something else all together.

Murdering Trinidad in a fantastic display several years ago at 154, doesn't mean Hopkins should be placed top 5 P4P for beating him (Wright) in the present time at 170.

10. rr94

rr94 Belt Holder Full Member

May 25, 2007
    PHILADELPHIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E A G L E S EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. BigReg

BigReg Broad Street Bully Full Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Super Bowl this year. You got your reservations for Glendale?

12. Mrboogie23

Mrboogie23 what the?? Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Ouma sucks, taylor sucks, spinks sucks, wright sucks, hopkins sucks. They all suck.

13. Fab2333

Fab2333 Needs to Get It 2Gether Full Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Damn Amsterdamn I didnt kno you hated Taylor that much, my goodness.

14. thewoo

thewoo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 3, 2005
    So he took a **** fight. What's your point? DLH fought guys like Darrell Coley, Yory boy Campas. Hopkins' revered 20 defenses were against the likes of Carl Daniels, and ****ing Robert Allen 3 times. Every single fighter in the history of the sport has taken easy fights. I don't see why there should need to be such a thing as a Taylor apologist. Whether you care to admit it or not he is undefeated 2-0-1 against future hall of famers and currently taking on the biggest threat in his weight class.

15. FlatNose

FlatNose Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 16, 2006
    A most unfair dissection of Taylor.Ouma could be a difficult opponent for anyone.I too, wonder what will be said when Taylor knocks out Pavlick.