Delusional Haye thinks him vs Joshua is "biggest fight in the world"

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by yesihavearm2, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Haye needs to concentrate on March 4th. He needs an efficient performance with a big knockout or he'll just get thrown scraps by Hearn.

2. thornpipe

thornpipe Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2016
    Sure It would be a big fight but I don't think the rewards would warrant the fight for joshua. Not unless haye gets the WBO.

3. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    You must think very little of British boxing if you feel that a fight involving Haye, who hasn't won a meaningful fight since 2012 is the biggest fight out there. Sad really.

4. youcrazyboy

youcrazyboy Member Full Member

Nov 4, 2007
    It makes more money than any other fight in UK. And he doesn't need to concentrate for Bellend he just needs to turn up and punch him and tuck him in.

5. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Haye vs Joshua is a meaningful fight. I'm not Hayes biggest fan but to say it wouldn't do the biggest numbers out of any all British showdown clearly isn't true.

S.K likes this.
  6. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I don't like Haye - Never fought regularly, promised so much at heavyweight and delivered so little, had too many easy fights and appears to only fight for money.

I don't like Joshua - Got gifted a gold medal, got gifted a world title v a nobody having fought nobodies. Makes multi millions from the sport despite not actually fighting anyone yet and has a boring personality IMO.

But there's no doubt about it that if both win their next two fights and then face eachother, it will be the highest grossing British fight of all time. It will sell out Wembley with ease and will be very near to Hatton Mayweather 1.2 million PPV buys.

Both guys have questionable records but the casuals don't give a **** about that. All the casuals see is two extremely well built, good looking, confident british heavyweights with devastating knockout power and a belt on the line - it's a promoters dream.

And in all honesty, what other fight in boxing right now sells out 90, 000 stadium and does over 1 million PPV buys? Very few. I don't think either deserve to be in a fight of that magnitude, especially Haye. But what boxing fans know and what the casuals believe are two very different things.

Joshua v Haye coming off wins v Wlad and Bellew is unbelievably one of the very biggest fights in boxing right now. Britain is the boxing superpower right now and these guys are wrongly at the pinncle of that if they come through their next fights.

tee_birch, S.K, DJN16 and 3 others like this.
  7. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Nowhere near the most ridiculous thing Haye has said. It would be a huge fight of that there is no doubt.

Now CEJ and Khan are the go to guys when it comes to delusion.

8. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    You've absolutely nailed this.

S.K likes this.
  9. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    Good post. Although I wouldn't group the two of them together when talking about the 'pinnacle' of boxing. If AJ beats Wlad he is climbing nicely up the mountain with the summit in sight. Haye beating Bellew is akin to warming up at the bottom and planning to take the ski lift to the top.

10. alpo1

alpo1 #TeamShanny Full Member

Dec 10, 2005
    If joshua destroys vlad then I see fast car eddie having no doubts putting him in with haye.

And if he gets destroyed by vlad then I think the haye fight would be a good way to make some quick cash before rebuilding against bums.

11. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    So much could happen in next couple of months. Could quite easily have a Klitschko win. Haye could put in a very lacklustre, miles past his best performance and Hughie Fury could be our only heavyweight world champion. Crazier things have happened.

12. BigCal94

BigCal94 Member Full Member

Aug 4, 2016
    As much as I don't want Haye getting the pay-day because that's all his career has ever been about, he has a good point... it'd be one of the biggest grossing fights in British history...

I'd actually look forward to the press conferences and the build up more than the actual fight. Joshua is not this "stay humble" nice guy that he makes out to be - it's all media training, he has to be portrayed to be the straight and narrow for the PR, in reality he's a drug dealing "road man"

He held it together pretty well with Whyte considering the bombardment of abuse he was getting, but he cracked a little big with Breazeale before their first press conference - There's 2 men on this planet that I think will bring out the real AJ... ONE'S Haye... the others the REAL heavyweight champ.

carlingeight and Hattonmad like this.
  13. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    When I said "pinnacle of British boxing" I was referencing potential PPV buys which is where the magnitude of fights are measured these days. These two are unfortunately huge stars in the UK despite their poor heavyweight resumes and together; they're potential UK PPV record breakers.

If we're talking just boxing I have both of them way down the scale and neither worthy of fighting for a title yet. But boxing is a business before it's a sport folks and that ain't ever gona change.

14. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
    It would crack a million buys in the UK. What other fight containing active fighters does a million buys in any country in the world? GGG vs Canelo? Maybe Pacquaio vs Canelo? I can't think of many.

N17 likes this.
  15. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    All British fight then I'd say yes, no contest Joshua Vs Haye is the biggest out there right now, it's a Wembley stadium fight, it would do huge PPV sales and would be a huge fight for British boxing.

As for the world, active fighters, I would like to know what any of you believe would beat a gate of 80-90 thousand and a monster PPV audience from active fighters out there right now.