Delusions of Amir Khan dealt mortal blows

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Jamal Perkins, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Patter983

Patter983 Active Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2018
    multi millionaire Olympic medalist unified world champion , in some people’s eyes that’s seen as a poor career, them sort of people who think this are usually living with there mum at 45 !

velagod and seansanashee like this.
  2. Realism Boxing

Realism Boxing New Member banned Full Member

Oct 7, 2020
    Hardly had a 'great career' inside the ring unless you have very low standards. He's seen as a laughing stock. He was a manufactured product who had far too many flaws to become what they wanted him to become.

You are talking like hes the only Brit who won a olympic medalist and unified lol. Boxing is a sport with 17 weight classes and 4 world champs per weight, weak champs, weak divisions, roberries , corruption etc. Britain always have lots of world champs and always win medals at the Olympics

Fred Evans, Joe Joyce, Joshua Buatsi, Tony Jeffries, Anthony Ogogo, David Price, Anthony Joshua, Luke Campbell were all Olympic medalists too in this Khan time period. Yet apart from Joshua none of these got nowhere near the press/media that Khan did. Khan was pushed in everyones face from the beginning and given everything on a plate. Even Campbell the Gold medalist never got 1% of the fame Khan did. Fred Evans is totally unknown.

Joe Calzaghe, Carl Froch, Ricky Hatton, Tyson Fury, Anthony Joshua, David Haye, Carl Frampton, Josh Taylor, Ryan Burnett have all been Brit unified champs during this time period too. Yet I doubt you class Burnett as having a 'great career'

Khan was not a long reigning world champ. He was not a multiple weight world champ despite fighting in 4 different world classes.
    He was never on p4p lists.

He couldn't last long at world level because he simply wasn't good enough.

Yes he made a lot of money but thats not to do with ring achievements so its not worthwile mentioning from a boxing perspective. Dave Allen and David Price probably have more money than Josh Taylor for example! Adrien Broner probably has more money than Mairis Breidis.

He hasn't won a world title fight since 2011. 9 years ago. If he was so 'great' why has he been such a failure for the last decade.

Khan has almost lost as many world title fights hes been in than hes won. Hes won the same amount of world title fights as Terry Flanagan and Nathan Cleverly but they don't have as many losses.

He'll mostly only be remembered for his awful chin. Khan and 'great career' can't be put in the same sentence

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  3. Realism Boxing

Oct 7, 2020
    I think it's a travesty that bizzarely a multi flawed laughing stock comedy act like Amir Khan is such a big name to casuals. And the media have always pushed him all the time.. they even covered his stupid fight with Billy Dib on the national news

Whereas a true authentic top P4P real fighter in Josh Taylor is unknown outside of hardcore boxing fans

4. seansanashee

seansanashee Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Your rant was too long. Basically, Khan has done very well out of boxing and has some fantastic achievements. I call that a great career but obviously you have far higher standards

5. Realism Boxing

Oct 7, 2020
    Lol you talk nonsense.

Answer this then would you say the following had a 'great career'?

Ricky Burns - 4 weight world champ
    Ryan Burnett - unified world titles
    Audley Harrison - Olympic Gold medalist
    Fred Evans - Olympic Silver medalist
    Tony Jeffries - Olympic Bronze medalist
    Anthony Ogogo - Olympic Bronze medalist

?

joe91 likes this.
  6. Realism Boxing

Oct 7, 2020
    Exactly. Some people don't know what great means it seems.

Khan is no Calzaghe or Buchanan put it that way. Hes more Audley Harrison.

7. seansanashee

seansanashee Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Pretty much any boxer you have heard of has had a great career, to work your way up from starting out as an amateur to becoming a recognised name in the world or even your own country is a great achievement. You don't have to be the greatest fighter to have a great career.

Wizbit1013 and Patter983 like this.
  8. Patter983

Patter983 Active Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2018

What an absolute whopper ? Hardly a great career do you no how many fighters win a world title never mind two ? You need to get out and watch more boxing and see how professional boxers live and how 99 percent of them are over the moon to win a central area title!!

he has had an amazing career and done himself and his family proud!

people like you make me laugh! Low standards hahahaha ffs do you actually no how many people get to the level Amir Khan gets to ok maybe he got a helping hand with his Olympic exposure but you ask 99 percent of boxers they would take his career every day of the week and twice on a Sunday!

Wizbit1013 and seansanashee like this.
  9. Realism Boxing

Oct 7, 2020
    @Patter983 Chill out lad.
    I'm just replying to the guy wrongly using the word 'great'. Boxing is a low participant sport. With 17 weight classes and 4/5 world champions per weight. So there's like 70 world champions at any one time. And vacant title shots/ weak world champions/ weak divisions/ robberies, etc. So just merely being a 'world champion' doesn't mean nowhere near as much in boxing as it does in other sports!

Khan.. fame wise/celebrity status and money wise.. has done very well indeed. But in the pro ring.. no I disagree. There's nothing that stands out there for me and I stand by that. If someone had used the wording ' decent career' or 'quite good career' then I wouldn't have replied. No need to cry. In years to come the only time Khan will be talked about.. is in worst chins ever discussions or most ridiculed boxers ever discussion!

10. Realism Boxing

Oct 7, 2020
    and you talk about having respect for boxers...

Well where is your respect for Willy Hutchinson here. - World Youth Championship Gold medalist. and European Youth Gold medalist.

do you know how many people get to the level Hutchinson got to!