Demetrius Andrade vs Liam Williams

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    How do you see this one going? I think Williams has improved in abundance recently but he hasn’t faced top level opposition so it’s a massive test for him. I think Andrade might just be a bit too slick for him at the minute, so I’d make him slight favourite but Williams definitely in with more than a chance.

This content is protected

Holler, im sparticus and Wizbit1013 like this.
  2. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    If Williams can get to him,then he beats the living hell out of Andrade
    Easier said than done however as Andrade can box very very well

Underdog as you say but boy what a live underdog

Furey, Insomnileptic and LoadedGlove like this.
  3. LoadedGlove

LoadedGlove Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 6, 2019
    Big step up for Liam but he deserves his chance. Will be a very good fight if Williams can get a foothold.

4. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Close to call really. I suppose Andrade is the safe bet but Williams has come on leaps n bounds recently.
    His lack of fighting at the top level maybe the difference here.. But having Dom there will be a great asset. Dom has good experience of train8ng lads up at world level and that's what Dully needs for this.
    I'm hoping Liam does it but Andrade is good.

Insomnileptic and zulander like this.
  5. Tankatron

Tankatron Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Liam Williams has shown the odd bit of mental frailty, nothing earth shattering but, he would have to be supremely patient and stick to a game plan whilst likely losing early rounds against Andrade. If he can do that, he has a great chance of getting to Andrade in the second half of the fight.

Could see this being a bit of a cracker actually and Andrade might finally be forced to show us more of his offensive arsenal as Liam Williams looks an absolute beast at Middleweight.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  6. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Andrade wide on points. Huge step up in class for Williams. Southpaw, size and reach advantage on top of the experience and technical advantages. Williams brings aggression & power but Andrade can negate that with skill.

7. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Williams will probably have to stop him to win- this gives Andrade the clear advantage unfortunately.

8. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I think it's a great fight. Williams is looking like a beast and he'll give it everything. Andrade will probably expect an easy night and that's why I think it'll be close. Williams doesn't give anyone an easy night at MW.

9. Gregor1987

Gregor1987 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 14, 2011
    I actually think Williams will win this. Good fight.

Insomnileptic likes this.
  10. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Not a bad fight. I think this 'version' of Williams gives him a goo fight for half of it before being worked out on points.

11. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Good fight, you'd have to fancy Boo Boo to be too slick but Williams will push him and win rounds. If he manages to catch him napping, who knows?

Clarence Gianni and Wizbit1013 like this.
  12. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    I'm no fan of Andrade but he should easily beat Williams unless he underestimates him.

Andrade by wide UD

13. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    People saying Williams is massively improved but how do we know? his opponent level has only gone down since Smith and thats the period that hes supposed to have improved in.

Little brian, Twentyman and zulander like this.
  14. Deepdale

Deepdale New Member Full Member

Dec 4, 2019
    I hope Williams wins but I can't see anything but a points win for Andrade. I think he'll be too slick for Williams and do enough to get the win with a few uncomfortable patches throughout the fight.

If Andrade had Williams's nasty streak he'd be brilliant to watch, but too many times he's had his man hurt and then coasts to a points victory which is frustrating to watch.

15. Shakermaker

Shakermaker Active Member Full Member

Mar 19, 2019
    Like this fight and glad Williams’ is getting his shot, he’s come on leaps and bounds last couple of years and love watching him fight. If I had to bet on it I’d lean towards Andrade on points with Williams’ coming away with a lot of credit after a good performance