Demetrius César Andrade vs. Liam Williams & Carlos Gongora Mercado vs. Christopher Eric Pearson RBR.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Apr 17, 2021.

1. sasto

sasto Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 5, 2020
    I'd say it was Williams who was wrong for Andrade. I think if he had gone to the body more consistently early on he might have knocked Andrade out. He hurt Andrade badly in or around the 10th once Andrade got slow enough for him to hit, so if he could have slowed down the upper body movement earlier...

But Williams is clearly very dangerous in the division, hopefully he is put in with the other top MWs and isn't forced to go on a years long comeback trail.

BeantownAll likes this.
  2. granth

granth Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 12, 2010
    I honestly would describe Andrade as lazy rather than cowardly. I think he fights lazy. Either that or he knows his gas tank is bad. I kind of hear you though, there's definitely a bully element in there. I wouldn't say cowardly but much more willing to dish it than take it.

3. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Have you got Irish strength? You big *****.

4. Limerickbox

Limerickbox Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 18, 2015
    Andrade isn't...and never has been with PBC.

Most of my comments are on Euro fighters(Irish and British mostly)

Andrade is an undefeated 2 weight world champion. I dont even know what finding a fighter "despicable" even ****ing means.

I dont comment for large periods of time, because, frankly of the amount of fanboys and trolls on this board, and because, ya know, Ive a life to get on with.

Literally nothing you said above is accurate,

Why would I get all bent out of shape about this stuff? Im a boxing fan. I like watching boxing. I want to see the best fighters.
    I boxed up to my early 20.

However, none of these fighters are related to me, and I dont make any money from these fights unless I bet on them. Its not like im personal friends with any of these fighters.

You dont bet with emotion. You bet on who you think is the better fighter. Thats why I won money tonight betting on Andrade.

5. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Shouldn't even be that hard to import Mexican/Canadian refs, really. Oh well.

Serge likes this.
  6. BeantownAll

BeantownAll Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2018
    I think given his limitations - Williams went with the only game plan that had any chance of working. I don't think you can really fault his ring IQ.

I, too, doubt Andrade's punch resistance - but while BJS can likely box circles around Andrade (who is starting to get a bit old for the gameplans he uses) - there really isn't anything on BJS's CV that suggests he hits as hard as Williams. He'd need a very tired Andrade in front of him to pull that off - though, admittedly, he probably could make BooBoo feeling his age and more.

7. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Blablabla you ****ing eejit shut your mush.

CST80 likes this.
  8. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Oh pardon me, was I not specific enough for you? You're a shill for slick American fighters in general, especially the vast majority of the ones that fight under the PBC banner. Stop pretending like you don't, because it's beyond obvious to all... but you.

And see, this is the problem with you, and most people in this generation, no passion, just a bunch of detached cyborgs, who don't care. It's like you're aliens studying people. What the hell is wrong with you? How can you NOT get emotionally invested in two men beating the **** out of one another?

Serge, Statman and lepinthehood like this.
  9. PopTheJab

PopTheJab Ingles Pringles are Out Of Stock banned Full Member

Apr 14, 2021
    :deal:

yeah he's just a fitness coach who supplies peds and is happy taking his %. Most overrated trainer in boxing. His fighters have been constantly losing for many years now. Maybe his father Brendan was a top coach but he certainly isn't.

Boxing Prospect likes this.
  10. Limerickbox

Limerickbox Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 18, 2015
    As I said above, the vast majority of my posts are about Irish and British fighters.

"To all...but you" Im pretty sure you're the only one who gives a **** and scours my posts.

Im invested in boxing. I dont know these people. I dont watch them for their personalities and educational achievements etc etc

I watch them because they're good at boxing.

If I was you, id never put any money on boxing. You'd end up betting on who had the nicest hair, or who seems the funniest or something.

Was Mike Tyson a complete piece of ****? Yes.
    Does it effect my viewing of his old highlights? No.

See how easy that is?

gogeta and Cally like this.
  11. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    There is also the real possibility with their power most likely they would take Williams out. He hung in tough tonight no doubt after being floored heavily in round 2 and eat a lot of leather being rocked a few times. However he is a tough fit strong guy would like to see him against Chris Eubank Jr.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  12. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    I don't scour your posts, I glance up while doing the RBR in between rounds, and I'll be damned.... shock of all shocks.... you're shilling, as usual.

I don't bet, I'm far too conservative with my money to do something risky like that.

Hair... funny? I have no idea what you're talking about. You're making no sense now.

Like I said, you're a detached sociopath. Either that or you're clinically depressed, having zero passion for anything is life is NOT NORMAL.

13. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Andrade has more ring IQ than Khan whose ring IQ is defective. Where is the evidence of Saunders demonstrating he has dog in him?

McGrain likes this.
  14. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    :lol:

15. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Yes I said that it's possible too. But he's obviously got a rock solid chin because very few fighters at 160 would've made it to the final bell after taking the amount of flush shots he took tonight and stylistically Andrade is a much harder match up for him than either of them are and he hurt Andrade pretty badly a few times himself even though he couldn't land clean with anywhere near his usual regularity. Again, Andrade is very skillful and awkward customer and he was a terrible style match up for him and almost anybody. Williams hits very hard to head and body with both hands and when he gets his combos off, which he couldn't do tonight, he's a very dangerous puncher.

DoubleJab666 and CST80 like this.