Demetrius César Andrade vs. Liam Williams & Carlos Gongora Mercado vs. Christopher Eric Pearson RBR.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Haha. He had nothing more. He couldn’t have put his foot down at all.

Andrade was one shot away twice.

2. TheMotorCityCobra

TheMotorCityCobra Active Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2018
    Just got a chance to watch Boo-Boo-Williams. 117-110 Andrade, Williams is a tough dude, but he's pretty much a domestic level banger. Andrade can boring and frustrating to watch at times and very good and entertaining at times, I wish he would step on the gas more offensively in general. Boo-Boo landed a beautiful 1-2 that dropped Williams, numerous flush uppercuts with both hands and some nice left hooks. Williams is so basic defensively, he has slow feet and no head movement, his entire defense consists of sitting behind the high guard and eating shots. He's got some pop, he's tough as nails and he was in good shape, but he's just not that talented. Williams landed a nice hard right hand in the 9th and a few other clean shots, but this was mostly Andrade doing what he does. OK scrap, about what was expected.

Time for Boo-Boo to step up and fight a live body at MW. GGG-Andrade should be very easy to make. Get it done.

3. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Enough old now to attempt to rob him on hometown cards again in **** called boxing for U.S?

Andrade i will not be top 5 level despite belt and U.S fans.

He should had been finished his opponent in distance. This didn't had happened cos he does have only business belt.

4. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    For those criticising the ref and Adrade, you really need to take a look at Williams. I really couldn’t believe what I was seeing in that 9th. Andrade was proper hurt, Williams just kept plodding forward in to the hold, break, in to the hold break. This is why I said earlier in the fight he was naive. Real lack of a boxing brain and/or experience. Didn’t once try and take his time, take a step back and throw a 1,2 from the outside. Just kept plodding in to the hold. Andrade mustn’t have been able to believe his luck!

nurological and Jurgen like this.
  5. CathyBarry

CathyBarry Active Member Full Member

Jan 10, 2016
    I think people are being a bit harsh on Andrade. He was trying to take Williams head off all fight and Williams was charging in at him all fight like a bull, thats not what I would call running! And Williams was hurt way more than Andrade, multiple times and was holdng just as much if not more.

Scissors and nurological like this.
  6. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Watched the 1st 8 rounds and Williams leads the cuddle fest 3 to every 1. Actually more like 20 to 3 and Booboo was holding too much gtfoh

7. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    It's funny because when Groves, Degale and Saunders hold on for dear life it's a legit strategy and a masterclass but when Liam Williams has a 50-50 cuddle fest with Booboo it's because he is scared and cheating lol.

Williams held just as much if not more ffs