Deontay Leshun Wilder vs. Luis Ortiz II

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Nov 4, 2019.

Bronze Bomber or King Kong?

Poll closed Nov 23, 2019.
  1. Wilder on points

1.1%
  2. Wilder by stoppage

82.4%
  3. Draw

1.1%
  4. Ortiz on points

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Ortiz by stoppage

15.4%
  1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    This is the second time Wilder has been scheduled to rematch a past opponent this year, but the star-crossed one against Fury was first postponed until 1st quarter of 2020 and now may be in jeopardy with the Brit's eye tissue being re-aggravated with a cut in his tuneup versus Otto Wallin and his apparent pursuit of a WWE career in lieu of boxing on.

The now 40 year old Cuban had been Wilder's previous WBC heavyweight title challenger, nine months ahead of Fury. Ortiz was down just one point on all three official judges' scorecards when he was stopped in round 10.

Each has fought once in 2019. Wilder is coming off a knockout victory over bitter outside-the-ring enemy Dominic Breazeale in May. Ortiz smote Christian Hammer with a whitewash UD in March.

Aydamn and lewis gassed like this.
  2. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Well Ortiz was being outslicked by the slickest Jewish boxer in the game named Travis 'PA's finest' Kauffman until a British stoppage and I could have sworn he stopped Hammer? :lol: Guess not

Wilder takes this one easy in the half the time, KO5

Perkin Warbeck, Serge and Vykus like this.
  3. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Yeah, the guy is officially past 40 now (and probably in truth just past 50 :sisi1), hard to see his stamina improving from last time.

At least the undercard is good, and the co-main in particular looks pretty tasty. I'm sure Neri will be a considerable favorite over Man-Rod but I'd love to see boricua pull it off (not least because it would jack up Inoue's stock, although it would also deprive him of a big payday) and think he could.

It'll be interesting to see if LSC manages to stop Flores in his super feather debut.

Figueroa vs. Ceja will be fun while it lasts.

4. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
  5. Plasterwraps

Plasterwraps New Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2017
    Ortiz came close to stopping Wilder in their first match, but he's 40 and didn't look very good in his last bout. Ortiz's best chance to get Wilder outta there, is within the first 6 rounds. Past that, and Father Time may give Wilder the advantage. Having said that, Ortiz had Wilder ready to go in the 7th round, so you never know.

6. notjustacasual

notjustacasual Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jun 3, 2019
    I can honestly see this one not going much better than stiverne-wilder 2 for Ortiz. He has not looked impressive lately while Wilder has probably improved.

I can't blame Wilder for Fury ducking him but this isn't a great fight.

reckless likes this.
  7. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Wilder to stop Ortiz around round 7-8. I like Ortiz but I think age has gotten the better of him.

8. jmb1356

jmb1356 Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2019
    Wilder sleeps him in 5.

9. _Scott_

_Scott_ Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Ortiz looks in good shape and is definitely being overlooked. I had it a 50/50 match up in their first fight and would make Wilder a 60-40 favourite for the rematch.

Salty Dog and Veys9 like this.
  10. Contro

Contro Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 7, 2016
    Not really looking forward to this. Tbh I was hoping Ortiz fails another PED test and we could see the fury rematch earlier but with Fury's cut having to heal I guess the Ortiz rematch is good enough for right now

11. Simon Head

Simon Head Member Full Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Wilder more easy this time.

Very disappointed this fight got made, there are far better choices of opponents out there for him.

George Crowcroft and Mendoza like this.
  12. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    I don't think Nery has even a snowballs chance in hell against Man-Rod. Rodriguez should be considered the odds-on favorite quite frankly. Stylistically Luis plays right into Emmanuel's hands.

13. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    I am starting to think that maybe Wilder is surrounded by all these WBC and PBC yes men that sit in a room and smoke cigars whilst casually selling the idea of these petty rematches as being great career moves and perfect for legacy

they are filling Wilders head with garbage by convincing him that he is the hardest working fighter that takes on the best challenges and ‘boogey men’

When in reality he is fighting low risk opponents

Dillian Whyte for example has no such yes man, he has an amazing team that know the risks of every challenge but still believe in thejr man to pull through.

Parker? Yeh why not
    Rivas? If not why not?
    Chisora rematch? Sure ill give him another chance and put my career progression on hold

Simon Head likes this.
  14. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Ortiz is anything but low risk hence why Dillian the Needle Snatcher Whyte avoided him like the plague

15. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    I think WIlder´s side is underestimating Ortiz. As seem to be quite a few fans.