Deontay Leshun Wilder vs. Tyson Luke Fury II

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Nov 24, 2019.

Bronze Bomber or Gypsy King?

Poll closed Feb 22, 2020.
  1. Wilder on points

0.8%
  2. Wilder by stoppage

46.1%
  3. Draw

1.7%
  4. Fury on points

37.3%
  5. Fury by stoppage

14.1%
  1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    No further obstacles in the way, now, save possibly injury. The date is already set, venue still to be negotiated.

WBC title at stake, 11th defense of Wilder.

Contracts have also been signed for a June bout to complete a trilogy. Should the February and June fights yield opposite results (as in Wilder and Fury each victorious once), a fourth tiebreaker match in late 2020 or early 2021 might be necessitated, but isn't yet contractually bound.

2. Lesion of Doom

Lesion of Doom Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Fury on points. He fights to the level of the competition, and nothing between the two has changed. If it goes this way and Fury actually gets the nod this time, I hope they will forego a third Bout.

In that case, better to have Fury in against the winner of Ruiz/Joshua and Wilder against the loser.

3. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    If you're backing Fury, there is some cause for alarm:

1. The few dozen stitches on his eye required after the Wallin fight.
    2. The way he looked throughout said Wallin fight, considerably depreciated from his form vs. Wilder and Schwarz.
    3. The distraction/golden parachute of having one foot out the door in a lucrative WWE deal (which is probably more attractive to him than boxing, as it carries less risk of being KTFO and is more his idea of fun)
    4. The machine behind Wilder ensuring that he will always be gifted insurance rounds (see the scorecards of shill Larry Hazzard, or the fact that he was cleanly shut out for six rounds by Ortiz yet one judge gave him two rounds; see also the draw in Fury I. :sisi1) in case he doesn't land that big equalizer.
    5. That big equalizer. Getting up from a big shot like that once is a neat trick, but not the sort of lightning you can necessarily bottle twice..

Fury is left in the horns of a dilemma. Going for a KO doesn't make sense, as he isn't that powerful himself and still has to get past that reach of Wilder's to land big on him...and there's a risk of getting caught and put to sleep with a haymaker. Winning on points requires boxing very carefully over twelve...but even then, it'll be a question of whether the scoring is fair, which is dicey. There's also the pitfall of not being aggressive enough to impress the judges, even if he's doing the superior (but subtler) work.

4. Boxing2019

Boxing2019 If you want peace, prepare war. Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    The game plan to defeat Wilder is simple; stay away from his right, jab him silly and survive until the final bell. Yet in 43 fights, nobody has managed it. Fury almost did it in the first bout but Im not sure this time if he goes down he can get up...Wilder has become Wiser after fight I.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    Tramell likes this.
  5. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Wilder catches him earlier and more often this time

POTUS, Heavy_Hitter and GK BOX like this.
  6. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    I think Fury can definitely make it twelve if he dances around with his mind set on avoiding the right hand - but that might cost him the fight on points if the judges reward Wilder for coming forward and Fury isn't taking chances or doing anything.

POTUS, MarcelCerdan13 and Boxing2019 like this.
  7. jmb1356

jmb1356 Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2019
    Fury wins if he doesn’t get tagged with the right hand of Wilder. That’s what the fight comes down to again. Wilder can do one thing and one thing only, it’s Fury who should make the adjustments.

It might be a good idea to take a cue from Ali and look for a way to make Wilder punch himself out. Power is gone when you’re fatigued.

POTUS, Dance84 and vast like this.
  8. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    We just watched him do literally nothing for 25 minutes before putting everything into that right hand and finishing the fight in a single blow, though. Wilder might be less afraid of Fury than he was Ortiz, but I still think he and his team are (rightfully) wary of getting stranded in deep waters suffering fatigue, and they game plan around that.

POTUS and lewis gassed like this.
  9. Boxing2019

Jul 22, 2019

In general its true but Wilder is able to load a single winning bomb from the 1st round until the 12th. His motto is maximum result with the minimum effort.

POTUS likes this.
  10. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Wilder controversial decision, he will drop Fury a couple times but I do think Fury will show up in better shape and make it to the final bell.
    And this is FOX PPV right? 1st fight FLOPPED at 325k buys so this is not some 'cash out' fight for Wilder. I do think AJ showdown is still the goal.

11. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Wait, is that a real quote? :lol: I'd believe it.

12. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    Didn't see this one..

Still got Fury UD.. But scorecards* these days.. can never be too confident..

I think Davison was at the fight last night giving Wilder the once over again..

13. young_wolverine

young_wolverine Member Full Member

May 31, 2019
    going with Wilder by ko but Fury has the tools to win off points again

Pompey Junglist likes this.
  14. Boxing2019

Jul 22, 2019
    Really never heard? Is like to tell more bang for your bucks..

15. theanatolian

theanatolian Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 2, 2015
    If Fury lost one bit of motivation for the sweet science with sol this WWE ****, he’s getting knocked out. Otherwise, gun to my head, I’d probably go with Wilder by a controversial decision.