Deontay Leshun Wilder vs. Tyson Luke Fury II

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Nov 24, 2019.

Bronze Bomber or Gypsy King?

Poll closed Feb 22, 2020.
  1. Wilder on points

0.8%
  2. Wilder by stoppage

46.1%
  3. Draw

1.7%
  4. Fury on points

37.3%
  5. Fury by stoppage

14.1%
  1. Eggman

Eggman "The cream of the crop! Nobody does it better! Full Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Don’t see how wilder wins this other than the obvious - huge haymaker to the cranium.

boxes like he did the first time fury is gonna win. (If he gets shorts that fit and doesn’t clown)

boxes like he did against Ortiz it will be a cakewalk for Tyson.

might be a hybrid of the first fight and the Ortiz fight. Wilder trying to be patient and accurate, losing the first 6 then throwing the kitchen sink back 6.

highlander likes this.
  2. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    It's because Fury has no punch. He is feather fisted.

3. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    The reason Fury slaps is because he is sacrificing power for speed and mobility. Why do slick boxers hold their hands so low? Because of balance and ease of movement.
    But Fury can be selective about when he sits down on his punches, that is the key for him. Be elusive and fast while creating openings for the big punches.
    He already showed he can hurt Wilder.

SmackDaBum likes this.
  4. Heavyrighthand

Heavyrighthand Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Fury will steamroll him on points

he might get caught and go down again, but he is tough guy and will get up and go on to put on a boxing clinic

Fury might not even get caught at all, and it might be an entirely one-sided thrashing

Fury is just on another level entirety than Wilder is,as far as skills go

Power is ALL wilder has and he can’t count on that given Fury’s slick denfensive skills. Not to mention Fury’s a tough guy and gets back up

5. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Presser in about 100 minutes:

This content is protected

sid likes this.
  6. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Nobody watched the final presser?

7. Leeroy84

Leeroy84 Lancashire-la-la-la Full Member

May 7, 2016
    What an awful presser.... Fake AF... :-(

JDub likes this.
  8. Rilz

Rilz Ball don't lie! Full Member

Aug 5, 2007
    I did. Wilder with the awful forced maniacal laugh at the end.

Fury says KO in round 2, cool Tyson. Doubt it, but would be funny. They are already building up the third fight.

9. JDub

JDub Active Member Full Member

Dec 8, 2018
    It was cringe of the highest order.

Leeroy84 likes this.
  10. Leeroy84

May 7, 2016
    They're already trying to sell the 3rd fight!!!

We may as well watch WWE.... I don't think the world is gonna buy this nonsense, or atleast, not to the the proportion as should be expected for a fight of this magnitude

11. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Why not a third? I feel like that is pretty stock-standard when the first was a draw, unless the rematch is a dominant blowout.

12. JDub

JDub Active Member Full Member

Dec 8, 2018
    That presser just seemed so fake it's kinda turned me off the second fight let alone a third. I felt stupid watching that nonsense.

Serge likes this.
  13. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    It was corny.

Bootleg D said, and I've heard this from many of his groupies too, that every man he's faced has hit the canvas.

Nice soundbite but the only problem with it is it's patently untrue.

I remember seeing Bootleg D throw everything bar the kitchen sink at a D level French pastry chef and not only did he not register a KD but he didn't come close to doing so. That's the same D level French pastry chef who'd been dropped heavily by a KO25%, 15-11-1 CW scrub who was on a 1-7 streak (the solitary win being a MD over a 3-5-1 tomato can) and would go onto lose his next 4 fights, 3 via stoppage.

Eggman and JDub like this.
  14. Leeroy84

May 7, 2016
    Meh, I love trilogy's but the whole thing means less if its planned from the start.... But whatever, some people like the circus, I like honest boxing. I just feel, that if we all plan for a third anything, the rest become a little meaningless knowing we have that third "out".
    Tyson was not bothered and seemed like he didn't care, I hope I'm just misreading his over confidence but nothing Deontay said bothered him.

Holler likes this.
  15. Cally

Cally Sand...sand... nothing but sand! Full Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Terrible, and we all know about fury's health problems but nobody mentions wilders underlying condition? Those random outbursts aren't right, definitely something wrong with the lad, and he added a schoolgirl squeal in today too, along with that strange shouty thing he does... Just lol.

Cringey.

Leeroy84 likes this.