Deontay Leshun Wilder vs. Tyson Luke Fury II

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Nov 24, 2019.

Bronze Bomber or Gypsy King?

Poll closed Feb 22, 2020.
  1. Wilder on points

0.8%
  2. Wilder by stoppage

46.1%
  3. Draw

1.7%
  4. Fury on points

37.3%
  5. Fury by stoppage

14.1%
  1. MeatFeastMan

MeatFeastMan Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 4, 2018
    Gypsies don't quit. Quitting will never be part of a gypsy, ever. And he'll have told his new trainer that under no circumstances will he be forced to quit. It's not gonna happen.

When most people say 'they'd die in the ring', they don't mean it. Gypsies do mean it. If you think Tyson is gonna quit, you're deluded.

kiwi_boxer and Cally like this.
  2. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Spews coffee over tablet......

3. Lesion of Doom

Lesion of Doom Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2015
    But if he loses, you'll insist that he never could have been beaten by Wilder if he were on his game. That way, you can never be proven incorrect that he's better.

4. Malph

Malph Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Yes Fury is a significantly more skilled boxer than Wilder. Fury moves extremely well for a guy his size.

Power is the great equalizer though and Wilder has tons of it. He carries his power through the whole fight and is a knockout threat as long as he's standing.

Should be a great fight. I think Wilder is going to catch Fury and take him out but I would not be shocked if Fury just stays aways and piles up points.

The only thing that would shock me is Fury putting a beating on Wilder and taking him out.

5. GlassJoe

GlassJoe 1-99 TBE Full Member

Dec 8, 2012
    No, I think that Tyson Fury already outclassed him in the first fight while being totally out of shape and weak from the weight loss.
    First of all, I didn't believe that he belonged in the ring with Wilder in the first match.
    If all of these things play a significant role, it'll be obvious and we'll see a big dip in his performance and so yes, obviously that will be a contributing factor. If not, I predict that he'll box Wilder's ears off.

Somali Sanil likes this.
  6. BoxingFacts

BoxingFacts Member Full Member

Nov 4, 2019
    Hearn talks more **** than AB

7. Lesion of Doom

Jan 21, 2015
    The prime, undefeated version of Fury will be taking the ring on Saturday. And that's the credit Wilder will get if he knocks him out. Just don't come back here trying to discredit Wilder's win. (FTR, I think Fury wins via decision.)

8. Fergy

Fergy Walking Dead Full Member

Jan 8, 2017
    My post was a little tongue in cheek tbh.

9. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    12 rounds of boring snoozefest.

George Crowcroft and Jackman65 like this.
  10. zeratul

zeratul Active Member Full Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Wilder KO inside 8 rounds. By the end of previous fight it looked as through Wilder had Fury figured out. I don't think Fury improved. Wilder did.

N17 and KO KIDD like this.
  11. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011

12. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    That's the difference between a great fighter and a talented fighter. Great fighters know how to minimize the distractions or deal with them and still function on a very high level. Fury, although I wouldn't consider him great, seems to function well even when distracted.

13. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Fury schools him again, winning sans controversy if he can avoid getting dropped again.

14. GlassJoe

GlassJoe 1-99 TBE Full Member

Dec 8, 2012
    Well, that is definitely true.
    If he enters distracted and injured it will be obvious and that will, of course, detract from both Fury and Wilder. Why bother saying otherwise?

15. Lesion of Doom

Jan 21, 2015
    Nope. Because any Fury defeat will cause both his supporters and Wilder detractors to declare that he was compromised in some way. You can always find excuses if you are looking for them.

Fury is in his prime. If he loses, then he lost a fight in his prime. Simple as that.

Braindamage likes this.