Deontay Leshun Wilder vs. Tyson Luke Fury II

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Nov 24, 2019.

Bronze Bomber or Gypsy King?

Poll closed Feb 22, 2020.
  1. Wilder on points

0.8%
  2. Wilder by stoppage

46.1%
  3. Draw

1.7%
  4. Fury on points

37.3%
  5. Fury by stoppage

14.1%
  1. GlassJoe

GlassJoe 1-99 TBE Full Member

Dec 8, 2012
    Losing a fight in your prime is different than not taking a fight seriously, entering injured, and losing as a result during your prime. If that is the case then he should delay the match. If not, he'll probably outbox Wilder. That's all that I'm saying.
    I do not like so much of what has led to this match from Fury. Total distractions, limping in public, injury rumors, etc. Not good.
    I look forward to (hopefully) a great clash between excellent boxer and devastating puncher.
    Admittedly, I do love the defensive style of the Gypsies, just like I loved watching Spadafora, Mayweather, Toney, Ottke, Sweet Pea, etc.

2. Lesion of Doom

Lesion of Doom Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Fury is as he always is. He's forever distracted, talking bull ****, fabricating problems, etc etc. That's who he is. It's a prime vs prime fight next Saturday.

Rilz likes this.
  3. GlassJoe

GlassJoe 1-99 TBE Full Member

Dec 8, 2012
    He truly is a BS artist hahaha.

JDub and Lesion of Doom like this.
  4. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    Don't think he's 'spent' and he also looked like dog **** in the two fights prior to his first bout with Wilder. Fury is a bit like BJS in that respect; raising or lowering his game to the level of the opponent faced. Must be a gypsy thing.

I also have no problem with him being heavier and more aggressive. Of the three basic ranges, the one you need to avoid vs Wilder is mid-range - and close up is the best option of all, because Wilder's speed can quickly close the long range distance from 'safe' to 'dangerous' to 'KTFO'.

So if Fury's plan is to aggressively close the distance and use his jab to move in rather than circle away, the extra weight starts to make sense. Yes.... I'm predicting 'jab and grab' to be the game plan, nullifying Wilder's power and leaning on and grappling to sap his strength.

The risk is he gets timed coming in and, in that respect, his jab needs to be on-point. If it is, it's a good match-up to Wilder's.

As is Fury's record with rematches compared to Wilder, who you could argue was being outboxed more conclusively by Ortiz in the second fight than their first.

Having said all that, there is that right hand. It ruins game plans and boxers...

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  5. velagod

velagod Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2012
    yeah only time a gypsie will quit is when there taking a dive.

This content is protected

6. Dementia Pugulistica

Dementia Pugulistica Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    I have a feeling that all big fights like this end up in some sort of bs decision, probably not true but it feels truthy to me. How bout "the cut" opens up in round 1 from an accidental head butt, Tyson tries for the KO two more rounds, doesn't get it, quits because of the cut before the fourth round and we have a no contest? Three different types of draws to choose from. Gamblers weigh in here please - is a draw a draw a draw when betting or do you have to specify unanimous / majority / split draw? I think you will see Fury using his extra 30 or 40 lbs to lay all over Wilder and tire him out and going for the knockout from about round ten on....IF it lasts that long. I think Wilder has a good chance.

7. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Fury stops him in the 8th.

8. covetousjuice

covetousjuice Putin did nothing wrong Full Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Despite all this nonsense we're hearing about Fury focusing on the KO and punching power, I'd still say it's got to be Fury UD or Wilder KO.

So then which is it? Wilder KO or Fury UD?

I actually see Wilder improving more than Fury. Probably have to go with a Wilder KO.

N17 likes this.
  9. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Wilder within 8/9.

He’s already found him twice, Tyson is declining, and Wilder doesn’t have to fear anything coming back.

Wallin took whatever was left of Tyson’s soul.

George Crowcroft, N17 and CST80 like this.
  10. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Fury by stoppage or referee intervention between 9-10.

Uponthangs likes this.
  11. TSoprano

TSoprano Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 26, 2014
  12. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    DQ win for Deontay. Fury will get so desperate and push the referee in front of one of those devastating windmills. Like a human shield!

N17 likes this.
  13. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Absolute dreamer!

N17 and channy like this.
  14. KO KIDD

KO KIDD Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Wilder ko after 6 in a close fight

N17 and CST80 like this.
  15. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Maybe, or should i say more than likely!!

I just have a hunch that Fury is going to put in a career defining performance and shock everybody...