Deontay Wilder: Anthony Joshua's team are 'begging' for fight, says WBC champion

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by smiffyinoz, Dec 11, 2018.

1. smiffyinoz

smiffyinoz Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Eddie getting desperate now. He knows Wilder gets beat in the rematch with Fury so Wilder v Joshua fight will be irrelevant without Wilder holding a belt.

minemax, Sugar 88 and Ph33rknot like this.
  2. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Wouldn't sending a contract to Wilder be a clue ? Doesn't Wilder understand the non Wilder fans aren't as dumb as he is?

this is further proof he's terrified of Joshua and has no intentions of fighting him now basically admitting Team AJ want the fight but he's going to continue to walk. Lol

hajjarak121 likes this.
  3. deadACE

deadACE Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    I thought Joshua and Hearn were too scared to fight Wilder?

de Morhalle and Trafford like this.
  4. Brutality

Brutality New Member Full Member

Nov 17, 2018
    Okay, now he his no longer ducking wilder. he his begging to fight wilder, obviously wilder and his team are the one running away to fight AJ for long.. they have been using tricks to give excuses as long as i know.

5. JacK Rauber

JacK Rauber Try not to offend, try harder not to be offended Full Member

Oct 20, 2013
    I don't believe this for a second. AJ and his team knew exactly what the situation would be before the Wilder-Fury fight was fought. They aren't playing checkers. They have calculated the chess moves a little further down the board than you give them credit. They knew there would be more clamor for the fight regardless of who won. Wilder and Fury can fight again but the whole world knows that the real world championship runs through AJ, not Fury, as some say because he is the lineal champ.

6. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Deontay will claim that 60% split now. Lol the bodybuilder is desperate for a shot at the WBC title. What a godamn fool!

7. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    First Wilder complains AJ was paying him peanuts, then he whined AJ was ducking him, now he complains AJ is begging him.

de Morhalle, Geo1122 and hajjarak121 like this.
  8. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    So it's not ducking anymore but begging for the fight now?

Only reason I can think of Joshua wants it even more now is that he fears the fight isn't there anymore if Fury gets his rematch, and after that first fight he should be an even clearer favorite.
    It would be even harder to free the WBC belt from hostage after the fight when Fury takes it, because everything points at him going to demand an even higher ransom as Wilder already does. And if Wilder lands or gets a Vegas decision next time around, he will probably massively increase the ransom money too.

hajjarak121, BCS8 and madballster like this.
  9. macademics

macademics Active Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Warren played this one beautifully. This is some Godfather II type Hymon Roth move he pulled off to get the fight done in the first place. He royally screwed AJ and Hearn big time.

yeyo monster, 305th and chico g like this.
  10. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    If I were AJ I'd also beg for the Wilder fight. Wilder's so, so beatable and AJ would probably make bigger money easier than if he had to fight Tyson Fury.

hajjarak121 and Brighton bomber like this.
  11. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    So when Hearn and Joshua gave offered him a contract with a career high payday that he refused to sign it was Joshua who was scared and now that Wilder scraped through his last fight with a controversial draw in a fight that confirmed he couldn't draw as much as Joshua, it's now Joshua who's desperate, lol.

Wilder's projecting his own doubts and fears onto Joshua. He was the one delaying negotiations, the one who refused to sign and now he's the one is desperate to cash out before The Gypsy King schools him even worse in a rematch.

12. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    Great post.

The Wilder / AJ fight sells itself. These two have such a combined KO streak that its almost guaranteed to do big bucks.

After Fury paddles Wilder's behind, there won't be nearly as much demand for AJ to face Wilder. Fury is an awkward bastich to fight and I suspect AJ is going to get riled up in the build up to that one. He seems a bit Wlad-like to me in that respect.

de Morhalle likes this.
  13. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    Frankly i think it's in both Wilder's and AJ's interests to fight each other before Fury finishes off what's left of the Wilder mystique.

14. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    This might sound crazy, but maybe AJ just wants the biggest fights..

Hearn might be a sly dog, but Joshua seems a lot more straightforward (which is easier when you have his money). He wants to become undisputed and be part of the biggest fights. Wilder represents both. I'm sure if he beats Wilder then Fury will be next on the list.. unless a mandatory is required.

BCS8, de Morhalle and deadACE like this.
  15. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Agreed, Fury beating Wilder would make it harder for Hearn to crack the US market no other US heavy has a profile anywhere near Wilder's and while Joshua/Fury would be huge in the UK it wouldn't raise much interest in the US beyond the hardcore.

de Morhalle and BCS8 like this.