Deontay Wilder bench pressing to increase power to KO Fury

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Flo_Raiden, Jun 29, 2021.

1. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Joshua and Usyk, obviously.

2. Spongebob south paw pants

Spongebob south paw pants Active Member Full Member

Feb 28, 2020
    Think Joyce would be a hard fight for him, you could hit him with a train and he would keep plodding forward. Total granite think he would be a nightmare for fury as well imo. Underated fighter

Brumsongs likes this.
  3. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    He is, but I wouldn't want to unreservedly have him beating Wilder just yet. Those above two are locks though.

BubblesUK likes this.
  4. kiwi_boxer

kiwi_boxer nighty night, ellerbe ☠ ☠ ☠ banned Full Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Holy ****. This guy never fails to disappoint.

- 'Brutal punching power' video with Malik. Training in his god damn house, Malik proceeds to spin around with the mitts as if a kamikaze pilot has just flown into his hands :lol:

- 'Wilder is committed to his training and wants to hurt Fury' - proceeds to release a video of him doing jump rope, which is on par with a 6-year-old that has just picked up their first skipping rope.

- 'Wilder bench pressing to KO Fury' - honestly, has bambi ever been in the gym? That was horrifically bad. Both Malik and the other spotter should be fired. If you're wanting to seriously injure your shoulder prior to a fight, that's the way to do it. That sort of lifting only weeks our from a career-defining fight is unbelievably stupid.

I can't wait to see him sparked out by 'feather fists'.

MrBarry465 and Oddone like this.
  5. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Possibly. Wilder has the equalizer. He has honed the right. When I think of Wilder, I think of Bruce Lee. Lee said, he doesn't fear the man that practices 10,000 punches once, I fear the man that practices 1 punch 10,000 times. Wilder is that man. Not saying he beat any of thse top guys. But he can KO all of them.

6. MyDentedHead

MyDentedHead Active Member banned Full Member

Jun 1, 2021
    Bruce lee is a fraud
    This content is protected

7. Spongebob south paw pants

Spongebob south paw pants Active Member Full Member

Feb 28, 2020
    Yh man totally get what you are saying, but if Joyce put him on back foot and managed to take a few big one's. See Wilder in trouble there. Fury great fighter but his pitter patter style wouldn't dent him. AG well that depends Joshua has the better jab and power but Joyce is a solid chin and as for his slow hands they hurt when they land. Fury AG ? Defo .. Wilder could pull off his trick but Joyce is by far the better fighter compaired to Wilder

8. Braindamage

Oct 1, 2011
    You do realize that wasn't Bruce.

9. MyDentedHead

MyDentedHead Active Member banned Full Member

Jun 1, 2021
    wow really? i didn't know that i thought that was really him.

Quina74 likes this.
  10. Anima

Anima Kinetic Link Full Member

Nov 12, 2010
    The **** does bench press increase power in punches lmao, you punch with your chest?

11. RockyMarciano

RockyMarciano Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Yeah ridiculous. Not only that but if you're trying to impress people...310 pounds aint gonna do it. Sugar Shane used to do more than that and he was nowhere close to being a heavyweight.

12. Braindamage

Oct 1, 2011
    LOL I was fooled up too. I had to go into my memory bank to think of movies Bruce Lee and Brad Pitt played in together. Once google said they never acted together, I knew that wasn't Bruce.

13. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    No Breazeale is trash. He has beaten nobody of note, not even gatekeeper level fighters like Takam and Chisora.

Toney F*** U likes this.
  14. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Im not sure about Joyce giving Fury nightmares. He could try and drag Fury into a dogfight but i think Fury's head movement and his footspeed would be too good for Joyce

Imo to beat Fury you have to walk him down, cut off the ring effectively and throw combinations so you can eventually tag a slick guy like him. And mix it up downstairs to wear him down. Aj is most likely the only guy in the division who can pull this off right now. Anthony Joshua has the handspeed and combination punching to tag Fury and the size to trouble him

Basically Swarmer vs Pure boxer type scenario

But Fury did struggle with Cunningham and was down on the cards until he KO'D him so Usyk might be able to play chess with Fury and win. You never know

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
  15. BubblesUK

BubblesUK Doesn't buy hypejobs Full Member

May 6, 2021
    This is kinda like whole point... When the only uncontroversially top ten fighter he's taken on has embarrassed and battered him, it's very difficult to guess.

This all made even more difficult by the fact his best win (Ortiz) also has a paper thin resume and is very difficult to fairly place.

On paper, there are levels between Wilders resume and the top 5 resumes, at the very least... And yet, Wilders lack of a decent resume means he's unproven rather than proven elite or proven bum.

His consistent refusal to accept fights with unambiguous top 5 level fighters, especially with career high paydays likely if he hadn't ducked AJ/Wlad/Whyte and possibly Povetkin (edit: possibly referring to payday, top 5 status undeniable), suggests he doesn't have all that much confidence that he's at that level, whatever he runs his mouth with this week.

God only knows what Wilders level really is, and there's only one person to blame for that... He might beat all but AJ/Fury, he might beat 5 of the top ten, he might beat fewer than most of us think.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021