Deontay Wilder: I would knock Joe Louis out

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by lewis gassed, Apr 13, 2017.

1. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Wilder is reflecting on past heavyweights.
    You agree with him? Discuss :boxing1

www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/deontay-wilder-ko-joe/63485/amp

“That would have been a great title fight between two hard-hitting heavyweights. Of course, I would knock Joe out. I think given his height, he would never get past my jab. But even if Joe was able to muster up enough energy to get beyond my jab, the jab would have hypnotized him enough to where he would never see the right hand coming. And once I land that right hand on him, that’s it.”

2. Ant Sutton

Ant Sutton I love boxing Full Member

Feb 21, 2017
    The law suit, scraping through with mandatories, bagging AJ and now Louis...he is making a real spectacle of himself.

3. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    So? Boxers back then were overrated af. I don't care what anyone says. Wilder could definitely spark Louis out. Yes what Louis did in his era was far better than Wilder, but saying Wilder has no chance h2h is so ****ing stupid.

Inb4 the old school hipsters ***s have a fit.

4. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Wilder is jealous, he is jealous Joshua is fighting Klitschko in front of 90,000 boxing fans in a mega fight here in the U.K. and a fight that has worldwide interest and he is jealous of the money Joshua and Klitschko will be earning.

So instead of making a decent fight with a solid opponent and creating some interest in himself Wilder just continues to embarrass himself talking absolute rubbish and attention seeking.

Wilder is turning himself in to a joke.

5. fistsof steel

fistsof steel Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
    He is really going to earn respect talking this Trash....

6. OvidsExile

OvidsExile At a minimum, a huckleberry over your persimmon. Full Member

Aug 28, 2012
    He's also claimed at one time or another that he would beat a volcano, global warming, the god Thor, a minotaur, and the deficit in a fair fight.

7. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Wilder should shut his mouth and fight a real fighter instead of winos from the alley..................five voluntary title defenses in a row, no that is a record. How Wilder's WBC is making Stiverne #1 ranked/mandatory, a fat, out of shape, old, inactive bum that never was................after that I am sure Wilder can find someone from an alley passed out from drugs and alcohol to fight next. Wilder is a disgrace and everyone knows it............

8. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Louis would have lit his ass up with combination punching. Wilder, the guy Washington drove around the ring with a medium jab, would have gotten shattered like a lightbulb.

I'd like to think Wilder is trying to cleverly build up a heel persona to sell fights, but something tells me he really believes this shyte.

:rolleyes:

9. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Ha, not bad when you can just copy and paste something you have just said in another thread and it STILL has full relevence in this thread.

walker smith and pincai like this.
  10. pincai

pincai The Indonesian Thin Man Full Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Actually wilder just described what would happened to him when Louis land that jab. He won't see the right hand coming and that's all she wrote!!
    I thought his prediction is spot on!! Albeit on the wrong end.

11. reznick

reznick In the 7.2% Full Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Pedro_El_Chef and walker smith like this.
  12. Absolutely!

Absolutely! Fabulous, darling! Full Member

Jul 8, 2010
    To be fair, what would you expect Wilder to say when put to answer that question? It's not like he just came out of nowhere and said that. It was a response to a question during an interview.

Caper likes this.
  13. baconmaker

baconmaker Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 23, 2013
    1937 Louis KOs Wilder in 2 rounds.

14. Kahuna

Kahuna Active Member Full Member

May 22, 2014
    He's actually demented. You'd think he'd at least wait until hed fought a decent fighter before inflicting this nonsense on the innocent public.

15. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher Lineal Champion Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    LOL!!!

Wilder style wise looks like a damn amateur next to Louis.

Louis would murder him inside 3 rounds, afterwards he'd just be known as another bum on the bum of the month tour!