Deontay Wilder is already in the HOF, what else does he need to do for ATG status?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by MVC!, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Doesn't matter as long as he got up before the ref counted to 10. He could have been dreaming for 5 seconds.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  2. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Of course it matters.

He was out cold, and 98% of the time in those instances, the fight is waved off.

Regardless this is the past and we just have to pray that the coward finds his balls and turns up for the rematch in February

So lets get this straight. Your own God himself has told you he was fast asleep out cold, Jack Reiss has gone on record admitting he made attempt to wake his newphew up, his own wife who was there at ringside was under the impression he was dead, and you just so happen to know better all from the comfort of sitting behind your computer?

We're meant to take seriously your words over our own eyes of seeing Fury laid out on his back, with his eyes rolled to the back of his head, along with he admitting that he couldn't remember anything and was fast and soudly asleep.

Your delusion knows no bounds, which is why the rematch can't come soon enough

As when Wilder inevitably and violently knocks Fury's head off his God damn shoulders and your boy's body turns stiff, before becoming yesterday's bum, I want to see what YOU have to say then

3. Cally

Cally Sand...sand... nothing but sand! Full Member

Sep 12, 2015
    My boy...get a grip man! Lol

Ones body does not respond in such a way on such matters, old chap!

Of course he never knew where he was it would have messed with senses momentarily, but I that's all it was.
    You must know how a "out cold" body hits the canvas, right? I assume you've watched a bit of boxing and how ppl tend to behave when out, right?

Not that it matters much, I was just saying he couldn't have been out and I don't believe he was. But opinions are like a holes, we all have one at the end of the day!!

Peace

4. FinitoxDinamita

FinitoxDinamita Member banned Full Member

Jan 14, 2019
    I cant imagine somebody like Wilder making it into the hall. HOF already lost its prestige in recent years but the hall should be reserved for special fighters. Not Arturo Gatti and Wilder.

lordlosh likes this.
  5. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Well, he's already among the best ever when it comes to successful defenses - he's in the top 10 among the most successful defending champs.

If he unifies against Ruiz, Wilder will be the first heavyweight champion to hold the WBC, WBA, IBF and WBO belts simultaneously. So that will be historic, too.

If he retires undefeated as champ, with a dozen or more successful defenses, he's probably top five all time.

6. Simon Head

Simon Head Member Full Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Wilder is going to be old soon, he’s fought only two good fighters and lost to one of them. I seriously doubt he will ever be in the hall of fame.

7. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    Wilder hasn't lost to anyone.

Other heavyweight champions have had draws in title defenses - Lennox Lewis, Jack Johnson, Tommy Burns and Evander Holyfield included, and none of them scored two knockdowns against the opponent they drew with.

Every heavyweight champion who has made as many title defenses as Wilder is in the Hall of Fame.

So, you're wrong.

He's a lock for the Hall of Fame, already.

It's just how high up the list he'll be. If he retires as WBC, WBO, WBA and IBF champ, he's not only in the top 10 heavyweight champs, he'll be nipping at the top five.

He's one Ruiz fight away from doing that.

You guys have been wrong about him the whole time. It's kind of funny, actually.

A year from now, Wilder could be 44-0-1 with 43 knockouts, 12 successful title defenses and all the belts. He'll be the favorite against Ortiz, Fury and Ruiz.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    Sephiroth Rising 7 likes this.
  8. Simon Head

Jan 31, 2017
    Wilder has lost, he lost to Tyson Fury, check you facts before making a fool of yourself.

9. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    People said Jack Johnson lost to Battling Jim Johnson. And Tommy Burns lost to Philadelphia Jack O'Brien. And Evander Holyfield lost to Lennox Lewis. And Chris Byrd lost to Andrew Golota. And Deontay Wilder lost to Tyson Fury. But they didn't.

Check your facts. Wilder's got NINE straight successful title defenses and counting. Draws count as successful defenses. And the only highlights anyone remembers from Wilder-Fury is Fury going down two times.

You all need to stop making fools of yourself. You've been doing it through Wilder's entire nearly FIVE-YEAR reign. And it continues.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  10. Bustajay

Bustajay Feel the Steel/Balls Deep Full Member

Dec 9, 2012
    #Dirtysouth
    He’s a beast with a very unorthodox style that has beaten the odds.
    Love the kid

11. Simon Head

Jan 31, 2017
    Wilder lost to Fury. Deal with it.

fidds likes this.
  12. bruce_keyes

bruce_keyes Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 9, 2008
    He should probably beat at least ONE top ten opponent that isn't over 47 years old. as of right now, he can only qualify for HOF for special olympics boxers.

13. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    You would have to be the same medication Tyson Fury has been on as well as be a victim of ECT, to believe that nonsense.

It's simply an impossibility for a fighter to win simply through recovering from knockdowns and slapping his opponents

Wilder knocked Fury spark out and the ref saved him and did enough to win on points as the champion.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  14. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    You're a long way from getting out of the casual zone.

15. Rockradar

Rockradar Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Thats a very funny first post of the thread lol.

Aydamn likes this.