Deontay Wilder may even get less then original offer from Hearn after the shocking ticket sales

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Tyson Fury Goat, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Tyson Fury Goat

Tyson Fury Goat Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 21, 2017
    LOOOL

Wilder is delusional no one cares about this fight

lewis gassed likes this.
  2. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    it also reflects badly on Fury.

ForemanJab, kirk, Vykus and 2 others like this.
  3. Heskey

Heskey Member banned Full Member

Aug 26, 2018
    But you've bought a Ringside ticket at least BM to help Wilder out

4. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Very bad ticket sales, don't be shocked if Haymon busses some of these caravan illegals to fill up the arena.

gmurphy, minemax, ForemanJab and 2 others like this.
  5. 305th

305th Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 28, 2018
    Let's wait and see how he dispatches the future best tarmacker in Manchester first shall we.

Also, even Estate Agent Eddie will struggle to keep casuals interested in dwarves, old men and leftovers for AJ much longer and it ain't like Joshua is 21.

6. Tyson Fury Goat

Tyson Fury Goat Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 21, 2017
    no it does not fury cant draw it himself plus its in america LOOOL more people in america may even know fury more then wilder LOL

7. SmackDaBum

SmackDaBum TKO7 banned Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Fury will be on hometurf.

8. mstar

mstar Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2005
    They will do what they did for his fight in Alabama they gave free tickets on the Friday to local colleges and universitys. There was a lot of people in the Alabama arena who didnt pay anything for tickets. it was silly there was people giving them free away 1hr before the boxing card started and then there was people getting them free and trying to make some money not far from the arena lol.

minemax likes this.
  9. Tramell

Tramell Hypocrites Love to Pray & Be Seen. Mathew 6:5 Full Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Vegas should've been the spot. Gamblers would've bought a few. Had it been in NY, I may have bought one. Or just downgrade the 21,000 seater for a 10k arena.

minemax likes this.
  10. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    I don't think Vegas wanted it, they rightly thought that Wilder and Fury were unproven draws in the US and it was too big a gamble.

You have to remember the last time Wilder fought in Vegas against Stiverne they sold only 4074 tickets for a total live gate of $755,200 USD. So they sold less than a quarter of the seats as the capacity for the MGM Grand Garden arena is 16,800.

https://www.sportsnews24.com/boxing-mma/wilder-stiverne-fight-brings-in-765200-at-gate/

Wilder/Fury was always a big gamble. The original $15 mill offer from Hearn would of factored in some revenue from US TV, if Wilder/Fury bombs badly it might indeed result in a worse offer, though I think it would have to do very badly indeed.

Hearn last said Wilder was worth 35% but if it did 1 mill buys he gets 50/50, but if it does only 300K he only gets 20%. The $15 mill flat fee he said was about 30%, so if it does less than 300K in the US, I do expect Hearn offers less.

Tramell and It's Ovah like this.
  11. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I think Hearn and Joshua could of afforded Wilder a bit more than 15 Million to try get that deal done i think there is much more interest stateside in Joshua Wilder than Fury Wilder, but based on Wilders numbers to date 15 wasnt the worst offer in the world considering the trinkets that would come with it should he win. But maybe Hearn should of offered it as a percentage, i know that can vary but fairs fair.

But Wilder and Finkel laughed at it, called it crack money chicken feed and a joke of an offer, looking at whats going on with this terribly planned and put together Fury fight it seems maybe he should of took it or atleast tell Finkel to plug his phone back in and try negotiate an improved offer with Hearn. His talk of 60-40 in his favour is crazy talk, is he serious? If he is then im struggling to believe even he believes hes worth that so i can only see it as a duck.

It's Ovah likes this.
  12. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Either he's delusional or he's scared to lose his title. I think the former is more likely. Which is why I hope this fight does well in the US, because it might very well take 50/50 or close to it for Wilder to agree the fight, because he's deluded enough to think that's what he deserves.

Ukansodoff likes this.
  13. jaytxxl

jaytxxl Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 1, 2010
    The potential offer was never based on ticket sales it’s based on PPV sales.. The American PPV market is what Matchroom wants to maximize in a potential AJ vs Wilder fight after seeing how much revenue GGG vs Canelo generated along with movie theatre sales.. For instance if Wilder only sold 4K tickets bit sold 1 mil PPV them he would get a much better offer from Eddie

KO KIDD likes this.
  14. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    This is true and we are only speculating and we are talking numbers that are days old we dont know how well the tickets will sell in the coming weeks. But right now it isnt looking good for ticket sales. Golovkin Canelo did good PPV's but then it also sold out with tickets, its the usual case fights that sell out at the gates do good PPV numbers and those that dont, dont.

I just wish they had took a more sensible approach to this card. Saved some money and found some good opposition for the under card, hosted it somewhere else, it would do better in the UK but it do like it being in America, and not priced it so highly. Just feels like they are pressing too hard to get as much out of it as they can.

jaytxxl likes this.
  15. jaytxxl

jaytxxl Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 1, 2010
    You are correct and this fight should have definitely been at Barclays after the buzz Wilder had after the Ortiz fight(which was a great atmosphere).. I can almost assist if would have sold out Barclays.. But with no plans of having AJ vs Wilder in America its the PPV dollars they want to maximize

Ukansodoff likes this.