Deontay Wilder plans to cross over to UFC before retiring

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Flo_Raiden, Nov 9, 2023.

1. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Yea, he can forget about MMA HW, functionally he's the same size as their LHWs. Beginning MMA at like 40 years old is insane also..................:confused:

2. Lesion of Doom

Lesion of Doom Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2015
    He's just talking. He knows he has been out of the picture for a while and is at the stage of his career where he'll only take a huge money fight. I think the Saudis basically ended him because it created unrealistic expectations.

3. MorvidusStyle

MorvidusStyle Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2017
    wen you hav a worrier inside a you, it dont madder wat form dat combat takes. you gonna hear ur ansesters speek an do wot a worrier must doo. it may be punchs it may be choaks. but all u no is dat man befor you gonna take da medisines from ur dawter, may be takes ur life allso. you canst stop da lion, yall. it gonst come out rawrin and bitin. one of dem mans gonna be a pray and da other gonst go home to there chillin.
    one day they a build a statue of me, jus like dem foundin farthers. an i gonst rite a kwote on der to for da necks genrations.

4. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    I planned on banging Pamela Anderson in the 90s

Didn't happen

5. exocet76

exocet76 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2012
    I call bollocks. Wilder just isn't built for MMA, the first wrestler/grappler would just take him to the ground and pound his face in.
    Wilder would be just as successful at MMA as CM Punk...

UnleashtheFURY likes this.
  6. like a boss

like a boss Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Because he's a fighter?

7. like a boss

like a boss Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 30, 2012
    The Saudi's have also created false expectations for Joshua, as echoed by some of Hearn's recent comments. It is probably the final straw for Joshua-Wilder ever happening but I doubt the 2 parties were ever going to both say yes on the same day anyway.

8. David Street

David Street New Member Full Member

Oct 19, 2023
    Easy to say you will do UFC and box both when you know UFC does not allow their fighters to box as getting hurt outside ufc ruins fight plans. One day if TKO owns a boxing promotion then possible. He would need to go to PFL.

9. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Those chicken legs aren't standing up to any grappling attack. If Wilder doesn't get a KO within 30 seconds he's toast.

10. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    The guy who beat CM Punk the second time around got his kicked for 2 rounds by an alcoholic 57 year old retiree last month........ He only won because the 57 year old exhausted himself doing so and couldn't come out for the 3rd round. True story. In all fairness to him.. Pat was a good fighter in his day, a pioneer of the sport, whereas Jackass is a total joke of a human being.

This content is protected

exocet76 likes this.
  11. exocet76

exocet76 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Yeah Jackson was always a bit of a joke, wasn't he a journalist originally? Definitely not UFC calibre regardless. Pat was solid back in the day.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2023
    UnleashtheFURY likes this.