Deontay Wilder predicts 2.5m PPV BUYS for Tyson Fury fight!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Tyson Fury Goat, Oct 1, 2018.

1. vnyc

vnyc Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Free PPV = realistic price. Brits get charged less because that’s all they can afford , other countries get it for free because they cannot afford it at all . In US more people with more money that’s why ppv is more expensive. Same thing with a lot of things.
    Airline tickets, hotels , and many other things , I use to ask my brother to buy airline tickets and book hotels for my mom from europe coz most of the time they are able to get better deals from there than I’m from US.

2. InHumanForm

InHumanForm Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 22, 2006
    500K at the absolute max IF they really step up the promotion on ESPN as the fight gets close, focusing on Wilder's KO's and Fury's trash talk.

People in America don't know or care about Wilder and they absolutely don't know or care about Fury. Tyson may talk a good game and make a good interview, but all one has to do is watch a few of his highlights or even his most prestigious win and they'll see how terribly boring his style is.

If only Wilder had half the mic skills of Fury he could be a real name in the states, but unfortunately his personality is nauseating and cringey for the most part.

Wilder TKO10 Fury

3. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    The problem with Fury helping to top up any numbers here is all those that dont know him yet that have took interest with the promotion of this fight will be jumping on to Youtube and how excited are they going to be with what they see? His highlight reels are not exactly Mike Tyson like are they. And all those that do already know him, like the ones who went to his last fight were booing his last performance. Usually when you boo a performance are you guna be eager to stay up all night to pay PPV to watch him at 5am?

I just cant see hundreds of thousands of Brits paying for this one.

Robney likes this.
  4. Infern0121

Infern0121 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jan 21, 2018
    Lol

America doesn't even have a liveable minimum wage, % wise you have FAR more people below the poverty line than in the UK, where even on benefits people do ok.

ALSO basically everything else in the UK is more expensive than in the US, and we seem to manage to afford all that stuff fine.

Face it you guys are just getting fleeced when it comes to PPV sport the same way we get stiffed on gas and food

de Morhalle and ipitythefool like this.
  5. Infern0121

Infern0121 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jan 21, 2018
    Fury has a very vocal minority of fans in the UK but to me it remains to be seen how that translates into buys.

This is at the end of the day #2 vs #3 in the division so it's not like the winner can "go up" without facing joshua

So they better HOPE they can make some money here.

de Morhalle and Ukansodoff like this.
  6. sean

sean pale peice of pig`s ear Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    if you were to sell your home in america and move to the uk expect to pay 3 times more here than you would in america for a similar property because outside of medicine cost of living is higher here

a gallon of fuel is $8

pricing ppv so high means as you say only people with lots of disposable income watch big fight american boxing

it has decimated the fanbase of american boxing as a result of greed.

and i will guess uk stations will follow suit

de Morhalle and Ukansodoff like this.
  7. vnyc

vnyc Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 8, 2009
    I lived in UK in London and still go there pretty often . You need more money to buy a house in NYC than you need in London in the middle /upper middle class neighborhood . Decent quality food is also more expensive in NY than it is in London. Property taxes and pretty much everything else is higher or cost more in NY. In other words you need more money to live in NY than you need in london. But you know why are so many brits in US? And they don’t want to leave? Because most people in US make more money, not because it’s less expensive to live here.

8. sean

sean pale peice of pig`s ear Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    you are using extreme examples to make your point using new york and london and not uk and usa as a whole to make your point

anyway i will go by your example and not the one i made

average price of property across whole of new york is $675k using google
    average in london is $725k

never been to a west end resteraunt too expensive for me and i have lived in london and on outskirts of london for 50 years
    why would i pay $250 for a meal

property taxes i looked new yorks is 0.8 per cent
    they averaged about $3,600 across new york
    my house is £2,121 or a little under $3000 a year so uk a little chaeaper council tax its called

buying costs if i bought a house would be on london average about 5% of purchase price going up to 12% up front in tax for the purchase

because i am a landlord and own more than 1 property my own tax is 5 times this for purchase

new york has a flat tax of 0.4 %

selling no tax to pay or a house i lived in unless i sold a rental property then i pay tax at 28%

in new york as long as you live in house for 2 years and profit is less than 250k or 500k for married couple no tax to pay either.

average price of a detached house across whole of uk is $470k
    average price of a detached house across whole of usa is $200k

the thing that america is more expensive than the uk on ishospital bills
    its free in the uk

9. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    They need to market this as PPB - Pay per Boo.

Ukansodoff likes this.
  10. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
  11. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    or PPW - Pay Per Windmill.

12. cfckieran

cfckieran Member Full Member

Jul 6, 2016
    Tickets for the actual fight are for sale on GROUPON !!! speaks volumes about how popular this fight is . :risas3::risas3::risas3:

13. Tankatron

Tankatron Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 1, 2014
    By all account, the Staples Centre has sold 8k tickets so far from a capacity of 21k. Big fights have been known to sell out in a few days at the Staples so the signs aren't good. I stated previously that US and UK PPV sales combined would be lucky to make 500k, now I'm starting to think that may have been somewhat over optimistic.

de Morhalle likes this.
  14. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    It could still do that much if the UK PPV sales are strong. I'm thinking in the UK it could do 300-400K, though it's been a while since the UK fans have had to stay up all night for a PPV so hard to really say how well it would do.

But even if it does fantastically well in the UK it doesn't really strengthen Wilder's negotiating position it's the US PPV that really matters for him.

Robney likes this.
  15. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Lol

This content is protected