Deontay Wilder Says "I'm Gonna Whoop Anthony Joshua's Ass"

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Scott90s, Jun 13, 2017.

1. latineg

latineg user of dude wipes Full Member

Jun 4, 2009
    He just fought Wlad in his last fight numb nuts.

Say that after a few more fights if it holds true if you want to be fair.

2. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Joshua would knock Wilder out, it would be a mismatch...................

3. latineg

latineg user of dude wipes Full Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Yes I agree Farmy.

Plus I believe that AJ is very confident of that and Wilder in the back of his mind is not confident.

That is no doubt the very reason why Wilder has been so defensive/aggressive towards AJ on social media of late.

4. Farmboxer

Jul 19, 2004
    Yes, the boxer without confidence is usually the one who has diarrhea of the mouth!

latineg likes this.
  5. Salty Dog

Salty Dog My name is Buck and I'm here to... Full Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Nah. He believes it. Not sure I do, but he does. Which is what matters at this point.

6. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
  7. Farmboxer

Jul 19, 2004
    Wilder is running his mouth because he is afraid of Joshua.............he knows he will never fight Joshua, the WBC and Haymon will protect him................

8. lloydturnip

lloydturnip Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Fight him then!

Bustajay and Lady Girl like this.
  9. don owens

don owens Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 5, 2005
    I am starting a club. There is a 50 cent admission charge. The club consists of those that believe the things that Wilder says. However, my financial advisers are telling me not to do it because I will never make enough money to buy a happy meal at McDonald's.

latineg and BCS8 like this.
  10. MVC!

MVC! The Best Ever Full Member

Nov 5, 2013
    I can see it, Wilder is amazing.

Joshua can't take that right hand, we know that for sure.

11. Tyson Fury Goat

Tyson Fury Goat Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 21, 2017
    what is it now 4-1 to you right?
    we already agreed if canelo wins you get 2 if GGG wins I get 2

12. Blackclouds

Blackclouds Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Wilder has the speed advantage and is more athletic. He has another gear or two that he hasn't had to go to yet. He has many reasons to be confident but it's the fight that we need to see asap. They are the two best heavyweights. I'm more than confident Wilder can land on Joshua and beat him. Fight just needs to happen at this point, **** all the slow walking by Eddie Hearn.

13. Geo1122

Geo1122 Active Member Full Member

Jul 7, 2017
    Both guys are very athletic. Wilder is more gangly though. As for speed, it's a tough one to call. Your comment loses some credibility though when you claim Wilder has another couple of gears to go through, but we just haven't seen them yet.

Based on what we have seen, I would say Jushua's the superior fighter. His fundamentals are better, and he carries serious power that he uses to systematically break his opposition down. Wilder has a serious punchers chance in my opinion, but I fail to see him outboxing Joshua, like Wlad, to land it.

don owens and It's Ovah like this.
  14. Blackclouds

Blackclouds Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 9, 2013
    AJ only looked athletic because of the opposition. Case in point, AJ jumping on Vlad in the 5th round, that's something he won't able to do against Wilder because he has an order of magnitude better reflexes and speed compared to the 41 year old. It's more likely that Wilder could initiate at AJ then the other way around. If AJ is going to be successful it would not be with speed and reflexes but setting traps to land his shots first and hope Wilder crumbles. I don't see it that way. And if AJ gasses in any way against Wilder he's done.

Also AJ fans need to stop acting like he's an advanced boxer. His prospect level ring IQ almost got him knocked out gassing that hard against Vlad. Not unlike Ugonoh gassing but he lost. That recklessness is why Eddie Hearn is slow walking (wannabe may weather 2 fights a year) the Wilder/AJ fight. Also does AJ know about taking away the opponents jab, not much. He was being clipped with right hands throughout the fight as well. There's a whole host of reasons why Wilder is confident while idiots are distracted by windmills.

15. Geo1122

Geo1122 Active Member Full Member

Jul 7, 2017
    Yes, Wlad is 41, but let's not pretend that he wasn't elite going into that fight. Yes, he was past his best, but I would seriously back him against any other active heavyweight. My money was on him for the Joshua fight.

I just can't see Wilder dominating the fight, and he doesn't have Wlad's imposing style, so I can't see Joshua gassing. All we have to go on is what we've seen, and Wilder has failed to impress on a number of occasions against lower level opposition. Yes, he's got the ko, but he's failed to dominate on occasions.

Each to their own, but I think you're clutching at straws with your assessment of how the fight might go.