Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury 2 weigh in RBR - 10:30pm GMT 21/02/2020

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by pow, Jan 13, 2020.

1. rski

rski Well-Known Member Full Member

May 12, 2013
    Fury seemed a bit more rattled to me, but what do I know, the guy is all over the place. Pretty boring all in all, wilder needs to shorten up his speeches a bit.

2. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Said he started camp 10 days ago which gives him a 7 week camp. That means he has been caning it over Christmas with the family. Seems like Fury simply does not care or has absolutely no respect for Wilder and thinks he will beat him easily. He definitely looked on edge but I think that was probably his usual anxiety issues. Respectful face off with handshake but I expect fireworks during fight week. They both turn into different animals.

3. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Is there another presser?

Fury was videoing himself out running over the Christmas so I don't think he went too mad. Hard to know where his head is at. Certainly doesn't look as happy as under Davision but I bet he'll work his arse off in the kronk gym up until fight night which should be enough to see off Wilder.

Said he went with Sugarhill for power, predicted a second round knockout and mentioned that he's eating more than ever under the new nutritionist. I know he's a contradictory bullshitter but I honestly think he's coming to hurt Wilder.

I have a Fury stoppage in my head, although it can obviously go horribly wrong against Deontay.

Somali Sanil likes this.
  4. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    7 week camp for this biggest fight of your life? He has Brock Lesnar lined up for Wrestle Mania so maybe he doesn't care, combined earnings would be a cool $100 million in the bank. Having said that I had the same doubts first time around and Fury proved me wrong so I should go with the big mans judgement on this one. Wilder is a bum and can't box, all he needs to do is negate that right hand and he has pretty much won the fight.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  5. Bridie mcmahon

Bridie mcmahon Active Member banned Full Member

Sep 10, 2015
    Pure ham being served up there :)

pow likes this.
  6. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Fury has a 7 week camp for the biggest fight of his career........and Anthony Joshua got dropped in sparring by a cleaner

7. rski

rski Well-Known Member Full Member

May 12, 2013
    I wouldn’t trust anything they say to be fair. Fury isn’t stupid enough to come into this fight unprepared though, it’s not just about losing a fight, he could get hurt in there if he isn’t on point. It’s just a load of talk, spinning the old I don’t need to prepare rubbish. Fury did seem more subdued than usual though, the mics being turned off so they couldn’t banter didn’t help, made it more boring as well.

TonyHayers and Scissors like this.
  8. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Only seen the highlights but it looked like Fury was the more agitated, more worked up one of the two.

9. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    This content is protected

Beez likes this.
  10. Camaris

Camaris Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    How many times has Fury said that this time he's going to turn up looking for the big KO, only to do the same old herky jerk. No different here. Just selling a few tickets.

Twentyman, Holler, ryanm8655 and 3 others like this.
  11. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    Fury himself doesn’t believe he’s going to KO him in 2.

12. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    He’s just saying whatever pops into his head. It’s why I never get people who say they like Fury’s honesty. He talks absolute grade-A nonsense that I doubt anyone including himself believes.

Fury will produce another incredibly defensive, boring performance designed to see him win rounds with as little action as possible on his way to a decision. He couldn’t put Pianeta or Wallin away but he’s waltzing out and nailing Wilder inside six minutes? Alright mate.

Beez, Holler, ryanm8655 and 2 others like this.
  13. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I've not based my opinion on Fury claiming a second round knockout. That's typical fight hype stuff. I'm basing it on all the indicators that suggest team Fury intend to come in heavier. Fury's KO % above 260 pounds is higher and he visibly hurt Wilder in the first fight.

14. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    His KO percentage matters little when he’s stopping the likes of Sefer Seferi though. Above 260 Fury has fought:

Schwarz
    Seferi
    Abell
    Chisora
    Nascimento
    Page
    Power
    McDermott
    Mrazek
    Gyongyosi

He failed to stop three of them. 70% stoppage rate against a list that low in quality means very little.

15. Camaris

Camaris Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Let's not pretend. Fury is going to come and dance and try to avoid the right hand for 36 minutes. I would do the same if I were Fury.

pow and Holler like this.