Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury 2 weigh in RBR - 10:30pm GMT 21/02/2020

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by pow, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Citizen Smith

Citizen Smith Active Member Full Member

Jul 12, 2019
    Don't want to pick sides here, but to note that the win over Hammer was supposed to have been removed from Fury's record due to the drugs ban. “All titles, prize money and ranking points that [Fury] secured as a result of his victory in that fight are forfeited.” - UKAD

2. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    You can’t win a press conference. People were saying about Joshua and Ruiz and body language etc but I’m not a believer of it until they get in the ring. Wilder was surprisingly composed, Fury erratic but when is he not?!

rski, Holler, Heisenberg and 2 others like this.
  3. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    The BBBoC do not alter results retrospectively so whatever your opinion is or what UKAD say the result stands.

4. Citizen Smith

Citizen Smith Active Member Full Member

Jul 12, 2019
    The point is that the result should be ignored for discussion purposes, otherwise we are accepting of drug-ban-wins.

Camaris, Holler and Scissors like this.
  5. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    True enough but he doesn’t land many does he. Endless jabs into thin air and never remotely looking like hurting your opponent is pretty boring.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  6. pow

Apr 26, 2014
    Wilder was on 'super noodle legs' in the 12th and he has stopped 20 of 29 opponents including knocking Steve Cunningham cold (never stopped before). Your thread manipulation to suit your agenda is pretty boring now Tony, the novelty has worn off for me.

Accurate and Glenn McKrory like this.
  7. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Did you see the first fight? Wtf are u talking about?

8. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    With one less round of fighting and far more aggression

9. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Yea, just one less round. Yet one fight is painted as the greatest heavyweight fight of all time by some on here and the other a 'boring fight apart from a knockdown'. It's ridiculous. I watched Fury/Wilder at home with two very much casual boxing fans and they loved the fight from start to finish.

There's been a narrative created on here regarding Tyson Fury that's adhered to regardless of what actually happens. I suppose that's to be expected when one poster repeats the same tedious nonsense day after day so credit to Mr. Hayers for influencing a few fellow haters. Your hard work has payed off sir.

The rest of us are looking forward to the rematch of an excellent heavyweight fight.

Accurate, pow and Potwash like this.
  10. Camaris

Camaris Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    But he's right. :)

11. pow

Apr 26, 2014
    Could you elaborate a little please?

12. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    It’s not manipulation. Fury plainly isn’t a big hitter and having drawn the first fight on the basis of being decked twice will be looking to avoid aforementioned deckings second time round.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  13. Camaris

Camaris Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Well, it's difficult to have a back-and-forth amongst friends without crazed generalisations..... but, in that spirit, I'd say what Tony wrote about "Endless jabs into thin air and never remotely looking like hurting your opponent" feels a decent caricature of Fury, and explains why some people find him a bit boring.

KO's against sub-gatekeeper/gatekeeper opposition, and the KO of a Cruiser, feel a bit of a stretch as any kind of proof Fury is a puncher. I like Fury just fine personally, but every time before a fight he talks about the ass-whuppin' he is a about to bring down, before putting on a technical fight. It's great and all, but not for me - at least not for me in the heavyweight division. I prefer him out the ring.

ashishwarrior, TonyHayers and pow like this.
  14. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    Tyson Fury can be in exciting fights, but that doesn’t mean Fury is exciting. Had he not been knocked down in that fight it would have largely been a repeat of the Klitschko one. Opponent largely ineffective, very few shots landed, Fury takes a drama-free points win. It’s effective and fair play to him, it works. But it’s not what you think of when you think of fight of the year performances or the action that usually gets people into the sport.

Brixton Bomber and Camaris like this.
  15. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    That’s fair enough but the highest paid boxer of all time wasn’t exactly exciting to watch. As a fan of boxing I enjoy it.

pow likes this.