Deontay Wilder vs Andy Ruiz, who takes it?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by tommyg6, Dec 10, 2019.

Who takes it?

1. Wilder by stoppage

18 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Wilder by decision

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Ruiz by stoppage

15 vote(s)
    41.7%
  4. Ruiz by decision

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tommyg6

tommyg6 Boxing Addict Full Member

May 30, 2015
    Supposing if Ruiz did beat AJ in the rematch, and then fought Wilder, who would win that fight?

I'd say Ruiz has a good chance at beating Wilder, imo.

Why? 1. Ruiz has an iron chin (not easy to knock out) 2. Ruiz likes to walk down his opponents and pressure them which Wilder can't handle 3. Wilder has no inside game & defense which Ruiz can easily exploit with his excellent inside combos.

Also, I doubt very much Wilder can box and move like AJ did to Ruiz because for 1) Wilder can't box for crap, 2) Wilder has terrible footwork & balance

So?

2. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Wilder would throw more right hands than AJ did, how many of these rigt hands could Ruiz take?
    This content is protected

Reinhardt likes this.
  3. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Wilder UD he just has the be standing at the end of the fight to get the UD..

He has played the jab game against Stiverne before..

Oakland Billy Smith likes this.
  4. tommyg6

May 30, 2015
    Dude. Ruiz has an iron chin. He was taking AJ's best shots and didn't even flinch.

Also, Ruiz has some defense, rolls with shots and not to mention, Wilder would probably wary of Ruiz's excellent & lightning quick counters would tag him all night

kiwi_boxer likes this.
  5. tommyg6

May 30, 2015
    I disagree. I don't think Wilder could pull it off. I'd say Wilder's jab and workrate has gone down over the years and prefers to headhunt. In love with his power.

RacingBeat and kiwi_boxer like this.
  6. LANCE99

LANCE99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Ruiz throws punches straighter and faster than DW. That alone will cause DW major problems

7. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    I'm sorry. Are you in some weird vortex where last Saturday hasn't occured yet?

Andy Ruiz has gone back to being Andy Ruiz.

His run as a factor in the division is over.

The next time you see him, he'll be on an FS1 undercard getting beaten to death by someone like Efe Ajagba.

Reinhardt likes this.
  8. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Wilder would decapitate Ruiz in under 3 rounds

CST80 and Reinhardt like this.
  9. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016

He'd take 2,, the one that flattens him , then when he gets up the one that renders him unconscious

10. Perkin Warbeck

Perkin Warbeck Boxing aficionado Full Member

Nov 4, 2017
    It depends on whether Ruiz trains for the fight or not.

Wilder likely beats Saturday's out-of-shape slow-footed version, but the version who stopped Joshua definitely KOs Wilder.

Juan carlos likes this.
  11. Alphafighter

Alphafighter Active Member banned Full Member

Dec 4, 2017
    Wilder unlike AJ is not gun shy even if he gets tagged. Wilder is the kind of fighter who will eat shots to land his own

12. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Would be an absolute shoot-out, would tell us a lot about where wilder really is so I’d love to see it bit unfortunately it won’t.

13. MrTombourineMan

MrTombourineMan Торрейра хорошо. Full Member

Apr 16, 2016
    Surprised Wilder UD isn't more popular.

He'd be keen not to make the same mistake Joshua made in June, and box firmly from range like he did against Stiverne, never really over committing or planting his feet. He's more powerful than Joshua so he'd be more likely to score a late stoppage, but I think Ruiz has the chin to see the distance. I'll stick with Wilder UD. I personally don't think he has the ability to better Joshua's results against Ruiz. If he goes head on into a war then his questionable technique and woeful defense would make him even more susceptible to getting KOd in an upset, but if he's keeping it long then I don't think he'll finish Ruiz off either.

14. PrinceNaseemHamed

PrinceNaseemHamed Walk Like A Champion Full Member

Feb 19, 2017
    Ruiz is finished and he showed you that on Saturday

If he had any drive to take on guys like Wilder he would have trained to at least have a go at retaining his belts to make more money in the long run, he’s clearly content with what he’s earned this year and good on him but he is done as a factor in the heavyweight landscape

Seems as though he thought he’d get a 3rd AJ fight by default just because it was 1-1 and that isn’t happening so he’ll probably surface to fight a Wilder or Fury at some point but I don’t expect him to be anything but a name on their record by that time

Not a Wilder fan but he would take out the Ruiz that showed up on Saturday with a brutal KO

15. snake33

snake33 Active Member Full Member

Jan 4, 2010
    It is more than likely that no one will see Ruiz in the top tier again.
    Wilder would destroy him right now.
    He says he'll listen to his trainer a little more next time. He needs to listen a lot more.
    All he is listening to is his belly saying, "Feed me"