Deontay Wilder vs Prime Michael Dokes

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Devon, Nov 1, 2020.

1. RulesMakeItInteresting

RulesMakeItInteresting Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 23, 2019
    Just my old guy's opinion, but this era ain't nothing to brag about.

Flash24 likes this.
  2. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Sep 16, 2012
    I can't agree more.

Especially the last statement .... Imagine Wilder in the 70s or 90s or even the 60s and 80s ... If Fury exposed and outclassed him that badly imagine what the likes of Ali, Foreman, Tyson, Lewis, Holmes and others would do to him.

He never even sniffs that WBC belt he parades around or any belt/title for that matter if he fought in some of the past eras. The boy has literally nothing to offer except the straight right hand and what seems to be a decent chin.

A bit of aggression had him look totally confused and discombobulated

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  3. KidDynamite

Sep 16, 2012
    It's better than the beginning and middle point of Wladimir Klitschko's run when he was fighting Sam Peter, Thompson, Haye, old Rahman and that group

None of those guys would ever be anywhere near the top 10 in some past eras ... And those fights had no entertainment value. Klitschko vs Haye was probably one of the biggest flops in heavyweight history ...

The current group of heavyweights are better and more entertaining including Wilder

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  4. Man_Machine

Man_Machine Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 9, 2010
    This^ is the positive spin.

The flipside to that coin is, Wilder has beaten no one of note and was thrashed by the best opponent he fought.

JohnThomas1 and KidDynamite like this.
  5. KidDynamite

Sep 16, 2012
    I remember when Wilder came at Tyson's resume .... LOL

Toney F*** U and Man_Machine like this.
  6. Man_Machine

Man_Machine Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 9, 2010
    :lol:

"Look at who he's fighting. At least fight someone that people are going to be excited about seeing..." - Deontay Wilder

JohnThomas1 likes this.
  7. robert ungurean

robert ungurean Богдан Philadelphia Full Member

Jun 9, 2007
    Dokes wins. Wilder isnt in his class

Toney F*** U likes this.
  8. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    I absolutely despise Wilder and even I would pick him to beat Dokes, who was talented, but never had a prime due to the drugs. He had one good fight where he was smart enough to jump on Weaver when the man was sleeping, and make a show of it with the hand-speed, but realistically, Weaver could have continued, and wasn't all that in the first place.

Beyond that, Dokes' best accomplishment was having a good fight against an Evander Holyfield who was adapting to his new weight.

Titan1 likes this.
  9. Toney F*** U

Toney F*** U Boxing junkie Full Member

Oct 16, 2019
    I’d go with dokes. Wilder struggles and gets hit a lot by the bums he fights, he’s also been hurt and dropped multiple times by guys who probably don’t even hit as hard as dokes. The faster hands and technical superiority of dokes gets him a tko win

Titan1 likes this.
  10. RulesMakeItInteresting

RulesMakeItInteresting Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 23, 2019
    I'm not sure being better than those eras is a big improvement over...say, 1994.

Wilder is entertaining. Joshua to me is pretty dubious at this point, and Fury puts me to sleep (except for his one big win, against Wilder, well done that). No offense to fans of the above fighers.