Deontay Wilder Wins Arbitration—Tyson Fury Must Fight Him By 9/15!!!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by JOKER, May 17, 2021.

1. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    ****ing hell XD

Ph33rknot likes this.
  2. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    LOL

3. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Wilder has a contract, he has won his case.. we hammer fighters for being all about the money when it comes to making fights but some now expect Wilde to take money and go away.

This isn't Wilders fault or problem, it's Arums and Hearns fault, they should have waited until this ruling was made.

Instead they tried to steamroll this fight through and thought the amount of money involved would frighten off any blocks.

Hearn for all his talk about being about the details obviously missed a huge one.

Ph33rknot and MagicE like this.
  4. UmarIFLUmar

UmarIFLUmar Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jan 8, 2021
    The timing is a bit odd though isn't it.

Wilder vanishes for over a year but as soon as the fight is looking likely he comes bursting in, contract in hand with a team of lawyers demanding his fight.

Part of me thinks he's just angling for some pocket money from the Saudis.

jamessss2018 likes this.
  5. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013

Well the arbitration was always going to rule at some point, Wilder made his claim to a rematch last year.

This was always a possibility.

I don't think they have enough to pay Wilder, he would have to wait a year, it wouldn't be for all the belts, it wouldn't be undisputed and there are no guarantees.. Fury could beat AJ twice and retire, he has hinted as much a couple of time.

Then all the belts are up in the air and the money for a potential multi belt fight is gone.

I get what you're saying though, the timing is funny.

6. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    What? LOL. Did you just wander in off the street?

This content is protected

N17 likes this.
  7. Dan Jamson

Dan Jamson New Member Full Member

Dec 7, 2019
    No-one is interested in watching D'onkey get battered from pillar to post by Fury again. Plus.. all his "til this day" faux racial grievance sh1t is nauseating as hell... he's such a boring tw@t

Just drop the WBC title... let D'onkey and Whyte battle it out... and AJ and Fury can move the sport forward in August.

MarkusFlorez99 and Marto like this.
  8. Quina74

Quina74 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 25, 2019
    That's not the point. I don't blame Wilder for wanting extra millions.. But that's the thing he has frauded the public already of millions he didn't deserve and now not only is he trying to grab more undeserved money but he's potentially putting a halt to the biggest fight in boxing... He is a cretin, a manufactured "boxer" who is terrible for the sport... Too many boxers like him having been tainting this sport

9. Marto

Marto New Member banned Full Member

Apr 24, 2021
    If there is one fight I will never pay for it will be Wilder v Fury 3. On the week of the fight - i'd be getting #boycottfurywider trending,PPV numbers must tank. **** the fight and anyone who supports it.

10. Quina74

Quina74 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 25, 2019
    Like a true parasitic fraud

11. Marto

Apr 24, 2021

What ruling? There was never any ruling or legal process in place the last 6 months until now. Wilder just did NOTHING and played the waiting game and made his move once Fury - AJ had signed documents! ! Wow you are a bit slow not to see what team Wilder are doing. His team simply told him not to say anything and make the ***** move when AJ and Fury annouce a fight, **** these vermin.

12. ruffryders

ruffryders Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Fury shouldn't mess people around and should stick to his word and contract. Fighting Man!

13. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    You seem very certain that the fight was nowhere near made, but have you not considered the possibility that the fight could not be announced prior to the arbitration decision, because to do so could be interpreted as preemptive and prejudicial to that process?

The backers and other parties would not want to lose face by having the announcement and then having it fall through. So until Fury's legal situation was clarified I don't think it was feasible to expect a firm announcement.

Of course this situation may have further still to go. I think it's interesting that Wilder broke with his long time trainer manager just recently. I wonder if that means any step aside money would not need to be split?

Wizbit1013 and Rumsfeld like this.
  14. ruffryders

ruffryders Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Wilder triggered the rematch a week after the fight. It has been with the mediation team for ages. Team wilder have been pro-active, team Fury have been "moving on", when they shouldn't have been.

Team Fury fault.

Dementia Pugulistica likes this.
  15. Marto

Apr 24, 2021
    lol you cant be so aloof. Wilder went incommunicado. Fury and his team heard nothing from Wilder. The word heard nothing from Wilder. He let the Juy dead line expire without a word and kept quiet. You think this is a man who wanted the fight? lol