Dereck Chisora vs. Joseph Parker & Dmitry Bivol vs. Craig Richards + Taylor vs. Jonas RBR.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, May 1, 2021.

1. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    It's a decent fight, the main event.
    I fully expect Parker to win but Chisora has a decent outside chance, especially based on Parker's recent performance against Fa.
    Parker bores a lot of people and I do admit he's not as good as it appeared he'd be when he was coming up, but he's still arguably in with a chance to become a major factor in the division again, and opponents like Chisora will test that thesis.
    I mean, if he did come out and blast Chisora away in a few rounds, that would be fairly impressive.

Gatekeeper likes this.
  2. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    Personally I think Parker is a better fighter than Whyte. I thought their fight was even and Parker was hindered a bit by that headbutt ruled a KD, came very close to get the win in the last round too. I'd love to see a rematch, and I think the only reason we haven't seen a rematch is because Whyte knows he got a bit lucky there.

Noel857 likes this.
  3. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    That card order is a damn joke.
    Should be:
    Johnny Fisher vs Phil Williams
    Campbell Hatton vs Levi Dunn
    Scott Fitzgerald vs Gregory Trenel
    James Tennyson vs Jovanni Straffon
    Chris Eubank Jr vs Marcus Morrison
    Katie Taylor vs Natasha Jonas
    Dmitry Bivol vs Craig Richards
    Dereck Chisora vs some Aussie.

4. caligula4

caligula4 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Just a case of whether your spoon can cut the mustard. Personally I prefer a dessert fork. Looking forward to seeing Bivol even though such a one sided fight

Jurgen likes this.
  5. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Let’s go CST80 baby.
    Predictions for the weekend:

Parker to stop Chisora( Though won’t be upset with a Chisora win)
    Natasha Jonas to beat Katie Taylor she may even stop her.
    Eubank to spank Morrison
    Bivol to outclass his opponent.

As for Hatton and Tennyson while they should win I am as far as they go in the Show Me Phase.

N17 and CST80 like this.
  6. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Parker didn't exactly make much noise after losing, did he? A rematch is hardly the most attractive commercial commodity, either.

All I hear about is how Whyte got a lucky KD and he was lucky to survive. He was the one bossing the bout and it would have been a stinker had he not, but people still refuse to give him any credit. His left hook knockdown of Parker has been the only time Parker has been down in his career, but no mention of that either. Whyte was knackered in the final round and it had little to do with Parker.

Rose tinted glasses.

Parker is a stinker when it comes to entertainment, but he is tough. He's probably much fitter than Chisora, too. I initially thought UD for Parker but I'm thinking that he will want to make a statement and he will be the man to stop PPV Chisora and send him back to the undercards. Chisora is there to be hit.

Tankatron likes this.
  7. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    My Predictions (Oh ffs, Stop laughing, it isn't funny, I do try my best)

Fitzgerald via TKO/KO 2/5

Tennyson via TKO/KO 2/7

Bivol via TKO/KO 4/11

Eubank Jr via TKO/KO 2/7

Taylor via TKO/KO 10/3

Parker via Decision 13/8

Stick them all together in an accumulator (parlay for my American cousins) and it's just under 35/1, worth a couple of pound coins in my humble opinion ;)

Always remember, if you're old enough, Please gamble responsibly.

JordanK2406, Chuck Norris and CST80 like this.
  8. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    There are good names on the card but all one sided

9. N17

Feb 16, 2013

Agree with Eubank and Bivol.

I think Chisora is tough enough to hang in there, Parker will be dangerous early.

Interesting, as of this morning I am going for a Taylor stoppage but I do believe Jonas is a very live underdog.

10. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    If Parker cannot stop and beat a 37 years old. Chisora he needs to give up boxing.

N17 likes this.
  11. N17

Feb 16, 2013
    Well, He couldn't stop Fa o_O. Also a little harsh on Chisora, I'm not a fan of his but he is tough, he does hang in there.

But I see what you're saying.

Bustajay likes this.
  12. _Scott_

_Scott_ Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Chisora KO within 7

13. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    Parker wanted a rematch, but it was never going to happen. Whyte made that clear straight away.

Absolutely, the left hook KD was great from Whyte, but Parker showed great heart getting up and coming back strong, and Parker never gets credit for that either.
    Both fighters deserve credit for making it a decent fight. I think Parker gets far too much criticism for not being vicious and warrior-like, anyone who gets up from those KDs and is there in the 12th laying it all out there deserves a degree of credit.

Whyte did well, but the fact is the fight was close and even.
    Parker was actually coming out and taking the fight to Whyte in the first two rounds and then got headbutt KD'd. Then after a couple more rounds, started to fade a bit and backpedal a bit, but came back strong later.
    He's been in some dull fights but I think he's well capable of making this a decent one.

Safin likes this.
  14. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Just think Chisora has seen better days and he was not one gifted with the most natural or for that matter athletic ability. If you are Parker and serious about regaining the world title you need to be able to negotiate a Chisora win.

N17 likes this.
  15. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    or to get DQ, it is eddie kitchen, there you are picked to loss only and he does cherry pick till vomit and is boring as hell even at top levels.