Describe your worst sparring experience...

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by john garfield, Feb 6, 2012.

1. ripcity

ripcity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 5, 2006
    My experance won't be as intresting as those of you who acatuly box, but here it goes.
    I took a Muay-Thai class in college that involved light sparing in both Muay-Thai and boxing. One of the guys in the class was an experanced boxer something like 3 fights which was more than anyone else in the class. I got matched up with him and I maatched up pretty well with pretty much everyone else in the class besides him and this huge guy who had some Muay-Thai experance. At first he couldn't miss with his jab. My natural boxing style is to jab and move around looking to land my right cross. I had decided that before class I was going to be more "Tyson" like. Bob and weave, moving forward, because moving around on your back foot can get tireing after a bit espically if your not a trained boxer in your mid 30's. After what seemed like forever of being hit that much. I was able to avoide his punches. The next problem was that once inside he'd clench. I think he was still able to land punches, while he avoided mine. To top things off after the round I was exhausted. I pride myself on being able to pace myself. Rember this is light sparing at no more than 50% effort if even that. Not only was I out of breath, but I also felt everyone of his punches.