Deviated septum?

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Justchris17, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Justchris17

Justchris17 Member Full Member

Nov 18, 2016
    I've struggled breathing through my nose for about 7 years now roughly when I started sparring and had a few burst noses i thought was work related but found out I have a deviated septum and I think it's of getting punched. Has anyone ever had surgery to repair this and how did it effect them sparring and training ect?

2. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    I think the best thing to do is to ask your doctor. My father had this surgery well into his 50s or so and I remember it swelled up his face and was tender for a long time but it helped his breathing issues ... but he wasn’t getting punched on it, haha.

3. mrkoolkevin

mrkoolkevin Never wrestle with pigs or argue with fools Full Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Just a warning: My doctor told me that if your septum gets deviated again after that kind of operation, it's a lot more difficult for them to fix again, I think because of the scarring (I had the operation around 15 years ago).

Jamzy ⭐ likes this.
  4. rodney

rodney Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 16, 2006
    I had it done. Once it was fully healed, I went back to boxing. I could breath a lot better. No problems. I did have a high guard a never got clipped on the nose very often. Bottom line. Get it fixed.

5. Bmacy168

Bmacy168 New Member Full Member

Aug 16, 2017
    I boxed my whole life and thought i never had a broken nose then a doctor looked up my nose and said "oh my god, what happened to your nose" lol I didn't get the surgery because he said no more boxing once you get it, but I think I may now, I am done boxing so it probably will help my quality of life