Devin "Hands of Pillow" Heney

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by FanManII, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Baneofthegame

Baneofthegame Active Member Full Member

Aug 19, 2017
    It was a close fight? From my recollection aside from the knockdown and round 1, Lomachenko won every round and rounds 3-6 he was dominating him.

senpai likes this.
  2. Baneofthegame

Aug 19, 2017
    The state of this post, there’s nothing wrong with supporting Haney, he’s young and can improve, there’s a reason Lopez doesn’t want the rematch, the same way Salido didn’t want it.

senpai likes this.
  3. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Well, this is important if you value NUMBERS in resume and 0 :) in fighter's record.

Haney's best wins are : now 39 y.o Gamboa who had 3 lost fights via stoppage before! he had Haney in the ring. and Linares, 35, already some years ago beated up by the same Loma.:nonono

Haney last fight was vs Linares, boxer defeated by Loma.
    If I am correct, he recently beat Loma's victim Linares.

Loma's resume today is better.

4. Zhuge Liang

Zhuge Liang Active Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2018
    Loma is also a three division champion. He earned his first belt after defeating the long reigning king of that division. And among those three divisions, his third and current one is most challenging for him. It is actually more logical for him to become full belts champion in 135, but he chose to remain in the division where most of the action is.

5. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    you mean about 130 or 135 lbs?

Loma's first belt was at 126lbs.
    Loma then had 1-1 pro record and had fought vs Russel Jr who then had 24-0-0 pro record for WBO World title, looks that belt was vacant here, no one from them had this belt.
    Loma had won this one and get WBO belt at 126 lbs.
    Loma's record after this fight was 2-1.

What is interesting/ Russel Jr after this a bit later had fought for WBC World title at 126 lbs and had won, he even still does have this belt and 6-0 in title fights with WBC belt on line.;)

Loma moved up to 130 and then to 135.

6. senpai

senpai Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2021
    Not even Wilders fanboys would say something like this. This is just sad.

One guy told me that Garry russell jr was his top 10 P4P but Loma was a hypejob, than I asked did he knew that his only lose was to Loma and he schooled him at that weight ? he is still at that weight, when Loma moved up and fighting guys who is much bigger than him and still winning ?

You know why he moved up ? because he could not Unify at that weight class. They were scared to fight him and to lose to him. That is a fact.

Surrix likes this.
  7. Zhuge Liang

Zhuge Liang Active Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2018

It was Russell Jr. who I mean. I forgot to include 'current', I accidentally deleted it when I edited.

Sorry.

Surrix likes this.
  8. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    I guess we recollect differently, no problem.

9. Manfred

May 22, 2011

Have no idea why Salido didn't rematch but Teo has plenty of fish to fry. Loma should have put a rematch clause in the contract.

10. Manfred

May 22, 2011
    Like I said, Loma just got his hat brought to him by 22 year old.

11. Manfred

May 22, 2011

I said that Haney's professional record is better than Loma's. You do the math. 26/0 vs 14/2 Facts.

12. Baneofthegame

Aug 19, 2017
    He’s ducking the rematch, you can spin it whatever way you want.

13. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    No.
    Simple math: to fight with them he at first should make weight in in limit. ;)
    Haney will be not able to box if he will make 126 lbs weight in in limit for pros.:nonono
    This is not thing how we judge pro record.
    A. Haney record is not possible to compare with Loma's record because Loma was 126 lbs and 130 lbs division boxer and now is at 135 lbs.
    B. Haney does have a belt at 135 lbs and is 135 lbs division pro boxer.
    I do not believe that Haney now will rush to make 130 lbs, not alone 126 lbs.

If you claim that Haney might beat all boxers Loma had defeated, he should also make 126 lbs weight in and fight vs Russel Jr.

& How you might compare 135 lbs division boxer's with 1 belt resume with some boxer who had belts at 126lbs, 130 lbs and 135 lbs?

I do not compare Loma resume with boxers who had belts in 4 weight classes, 5 weight classes etc.
    Because he was at 126, 130 and is at 135. 3 weight classes not 4 or 5.

You are so concerned about boxers record numbers?
    A lot of boxers had 27-0-0 not 26-0-0 pro record and 0 belt:nonono
    There had been boxers with 32-0-0 pro record and 0 belt.
    By this measure they should have better resume than Haney? :D
    If numbers in record is main criteria, then a lot of boxers does have better numbers than Fury, Lopez, Haney in pro record.

14. Manfred

May 22, 2011
    You can spin it anyway you wanna spin, I don't know why they didn't have a rematch but I know by watching Salido for most of his career that ducking isn't part of his makeup. I heard that Loma offered him short money. Get a grip bro, ain't nobody scared of Loma.

15. Manfred

May 22, 2011