Devin "Hands of Pillow" Heney

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by FanManII, Jun 2, 2021.

1. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Haney pilloweeds his opponents.

2. Baneofthegame

Baneofthegame Active Member Full Member

Aug 19, 2017
    I was talking about Lopez, Salido didn’t want it either, I’m also not saying people are scared, it’s boxing.

But they know what’s up for the rematch which is why Salido said about money, Lopez is just straight avoiding it.

3. Dodgy Syrup

Dodgy Syrup Active Member banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2019
    Devin "Hits Like My Grandma" Haney.

4. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    I had huge expectations regarding this guy. And he's still very young and he has a lot of time ahead in order to improve. But....

The truth is that to be really great, whether you have it or you dont have it. And when it's obvious it is very obvious. And imho haney is starting to show that he can be a great fighter, but he does not have it. I mean, that's not bad, he can be great. But everyday seems a bit more obvious to me that he will not have the kind of greatness that I thought he could have some time ago.

You can be a great fighter without having to be GREAT, in uppercase. And that's awesome to be great. No problem with that. Only a few can be GREAT, and I'm starting to think that haney will not be one of those.

Nothing bad, I repeat. I wish the best for him.

GasTank likes this.
  5. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot etreuM aL Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    I have to say I was wrong Haney dose lack power and probably can't compeat at the top level

6. Maidanas Gun Tattoo

Maidanas Gun Tattoo Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2017
    It really is Lomas fault though. All he had to do was include a rematch clause.

7. dogcatcher

dogcatcher Active Member Full Member

Dec 2, 2009
    "Hand of Foam" I think is more appropriate. It's like being shot by a nerf gun.

8. Zhuge Liang

Zhuge Liang Active Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2018
    He is lucky being a WBC champion. That way no one can force a mandatory against his will.

He can't keep avoiding other top names in the division. Teo still got other three belts. There are also Garcia, Tank and Loma.

9. GasTank

GasTank New Member Full Member

Oct 31, 2020
    He's a 1 belt champ at 135. Once you get a second belt at the same weight class in the sub 160 weights that puts you on a different tier. There are so many guys so equal in size and power that you could get lucky in a title shot but not really be an elite boxer. In the higher weights it says something to be good enough to earn a world title.

I could be wrong but I don't think Devin Henny is going to be able to follow the Bud Crawford plan and clean out 135, 140 and then go onto 147 with success. That is thinking when you have a 22 y/o 135 pound champion that he'll grow into the higher classes. Linares at this point in his career is a gatekeeper and he couldn't get him out of there. He doesn't have the power or chin to be the #1 guy at 135, something Crawford demonstrated early.

Realize he got a gifted title too. Eventually he's going to have to face the music and step up in competition. I wouldn't have him favored against anyone in the Top 10 at 135 though he's good enough to pull out a wins against the Top 10. Defending the WBC a few more times is possible. Somebody is going to catch him.

10. gdm

gdm Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Devin “ KO waiting to happen” haney lol

11. senpai

senpai Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2021
    Devin "I want to make the statement by KO, that never happens" Haney

12. hoopsman

hoopsman Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2005
    Loma would have mopped the floor with Salido in any prospective rematch. Salido knew it, his team knew it, and so does most everyone else with a bit of objectivity.

13. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    I like Haney’s size, skill and athleticism. He’s a pretty big LW and has the body of a guy who should be knocking guys out or hurting them. He can still be successful with his boxing skills and could wind up the best of the good young LW bunch but it does surprise me to see him hit guys solid and not hurt them. I’m a fan and look forward to his fights.

14. 22JM

22JM Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Doesn't work that way, in that case Cano ko1 Linares? Loma got put down on his a$$

15. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    I am glad you know that because I don't. I believe if he was gonna mop the floor with Salido he would have done it in the first fight.