Devin Haney is a bad matchup for Loma, stylistically

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by uppercut_to_the_body, Jun 4, 2018.

1. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    man, you should use always your main account. You, the multiaccounts, are kind of annoying. And the fact that you are probably a forum moderator doesnt make it any better.

IsaL likes this.
  2. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019
    I have no alts.

3. Zhuge Liang

Zhuge Liang Active Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2018
    I doubt Haney can fight Loma in the next at least 12 months. His mandatory challenger status has no time limit and Loma is fighting for IBF title next. If Loma won and unifies all the belts, I think his next target would be Gervonta Davis, not Haney.

But I agree that after today's match, Haney is currently elevated to the biggest threat to Loma's throne.

Rock0052, MURK20 and gogeta like this.
  4. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone banned Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    ****ing ridiculous.

Angler Andrew likes this.
  5. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    Lol. Embarrassing take

6. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    yes, sure. LIke matthysse, isnt it?

7. Incinerate

Incinerate Active Member Full Member

Aug 9, 2019
    The kid is getting bigger and stronger. I'd love to see the fight now. He's young enough to lose and come back and he's dangerous enough that he has a chance to win. But his window at 135 is closing because he's growing.

NasalSpray likes this.
  8. MURK20

MURK20 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 26, 2008
    How did you come to that conclusion?

9. Rock0052

Rock0052 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2006
    Yes, the guy who fought a crossroads fight in his third pro fight has a history of ducking.

Wasnt your alt account the one that accused Loma of ducking both Walters and Rigo whenever he targeted the other?

We all know you really just want the fights to happen ASAP so you can call them out as green and discredit the wins after Loma schools them.
    I like that timeline the best...gives Haney a chance to fight a real top 10 guy or two in the meantime. Loma unifies, and Tank is a legit opponent

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    Angler Andrew likes this.
  10. Incinerate

Incinerate Active Member Full Member

Aug 9, 2019
    Why does Haney have to do this and that and Loma didn't fight anyone of note before he got his title shot?

11. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Lol don’t be silly,Since when did Lomo care about fighting someone bigger.Too Ranger,too slick you say?id agree he’s both but Lomo would soon solve the puzzle.

12. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Lol stop it man.........too funny

Serge likes this.
  13. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    You let your love for Lomachenko seriously cloud your thinking on the matter. Haney is tall, athletic, has hand speed, some developing slickness, and pretty good boxing ability. The eye ball tests suggests it better boxing ability than any of Lomachenko's recent opponents. Walters was flat footed, on the shelf, and still somewhat crude. Rigondeaux was old, two weight classes small, had no infighting ability, and threw one punch at a time. Haney is a totally different fighter than both of those guys.

14. hoopsman

hoopsman Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2005
    As I posted in another thread, I think Haney does have the ingredients (size, length, speed) to cause Lomachenko-- and anyone else at 135lbs, for that matter--problems. Further I would not be surprised if he could snag 4 (maybe even 5) legit rounds off the Ukrainian.

Again, however, I think Loma has too much craft for this kid and decisions him to a clear but competitive victory.

15. hoopsman

hoopsman Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2005
    Let's be honest.

If Lomachenko was to fight and beat Haney, you'd be one of the first to discredit the victory, claiming that Haney was too young, never any good anyway etc.

gdm, Rock0052, Jackman65 and 2 others like this.