Devin Haney vs Teófimo López

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by herbzg, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Starched Him

Starched Him Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 5, 2009
    sure if he wants the hate train to burl through, Mayweather did that for years and everybody hates him and calls him a ducker. Beat zab get a fight. Beat berto get a fight. Beat broner get a fight. beat margarito get a fight. beat castillo get a fight. fight ward get a fight(ggg didnt do it) fight spence get a fight(thurman didnt do it)
    just let this dude go and just fight everybody. et him do this **** before he gets like canelo

eltirado likes this.
  2. eltirado

eltirado Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 31, 2013
    If Haney handlers (who know him better than anybody) think he can beat Teo, they will jump on the historic Undisputed title shot, if they let this pass, it means they know Haney is not good enough to beat Teo.

If Haney beats Teo the hype will be unreal, the dream of any boxer. So no excuses to avoid this, get KTFO by Teo in an Undisputed title fight is better than letting this oppurtunity go, especially that everyone is calling David Haney the first virtual reality world champion.

ShovelHook, sasto and eross2114 like this.
  3. eltirado

eltirado Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 31, 2013
    Languages are amazing, many times the downstream language, re-introduces archaic elements, Devin Haney is a proof of what many linguists theorized but can never prove

Jeg er blevet sagt, at han stinker

In Archaic Danish, Stinker is the word Devin Haney was going for, it was used in the same manner its using in boxing-lingo

4. jaytxxl

jaytxxl Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 1, 2010
    And we know Teo can take clean punches based on what fight.. Come on man I’m not saying Haney can beat Teo but to say he’ll wash him out is premature.. Teo had a lot of physical advantages against Loma that he wouldn’t have against Haney and styles make fights.. Cotto barely defeated an “old” Mosley.. Tony demolished Cotto and many thought he was gonna demolish Mosley.. Turns out due to an significant hand and foot speed advantage Tony was demolished by Mosley.. These things happen in boxing ya know

eltirado likes this.
  5. Starched Him

Feb 5, 2009
    are we to pretend like ''old'' mosley dont hurt? lol Mosley hit hard as hell look what he did to margarito years after ''old'' mosley fought cotto. Cotto always would barley beat a 147 mosley. He simply stopped boxing and fell in love with his power. Cotto gets the hell beat outta him at 135 which ofcourse never could have happened.

6. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    I'm leaning slightly towards Haney and would pick him via close decision right now.

7. jaytxxl

jaytxxl Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 1, 2010
    So I was speaking on the triangle theory people before the Margarito vs Mosley fight.. If you remember the media and fans thought Mosley was completely shot after losing to Cotto and having a lackluster performance vs Mayorga.. Tony has just demolished Cotto so many assumed he was going to crush an even older Shane Mosley.. But the old cliche of “styles makes fights” prove to be true once again and Mosley with superior speed demolished Tony.. Cotto is a better pure boxer than Tony so of course he could beat an older Mosley while Tony had a better by far better stamina a higher workrate and size advantage that Mosley didn’t have over Cotto..

8. Starched Him

Feb 5, 2009
    i dont rember the media calling him shot. it was more like, shane mosley lost and that was it. cotto got crush because margo had loaded gloves. and they were loaded. margarito was a **** fighter and cant beat good boxers, i never admit that to semi-casuals because it discredits mosley win. but its true when marfo got the big fights he got caught cheating and then blinded in 1 eye.

he a cheat tho. i always wonder how that 1 punch made such a huge cut on the punisher in fight he lost. he breaks cotto up. then gets caught cheating and poof. the power is gone. paquiao is taking the punches but margo is the 1 who face falls apart. mosley walks through him
    and the 2nd time around cotto breaks him up some more. power just gone. cant cheat no more. but i let people get away with saying floyd ducked him and he was some type of good fighter because it makes shane look better but margaito is some garbage. take away his cheat fom cotto he only beat kermit and his resume has dog **** on it. he wrapped for his biggest fight cotto, punisher and kermit got those drywall gloves to the head, i know punisher did.